Why does my son cry whenever I put him in his stroller?

As a newborn he would fall asleep right away- but lately he screams and I end up holding him in one hand and pushing his stroller with the other!!! I have come to the point where I am afraid to walk outside with him. He also sometimes screams when I put him in his car seat..

newmum613

Asked by newmum613 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sounds like he just prefers being held! or maybe he doesnt like the adjustment setting of the stroller? do you have toys attached to it?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I think it has to do with "becoming older" when your baby hits 6 months her behavior will change she is more aware of the things going around. don't worry mom this is just a phase. What I would do is telling her that you are going outside to the park and while your getting her to be seated in the stroller get her a toy she loves as a way to distract her of what care givers call "redirecting"
    Anonymous

• Babies just prefer to be held. Do away with the stroller and get a sling.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I agree with jus1jess. Slings have saved my life!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2009