What do you think about....?

Parent putting soda pop in bottles and sippy cups.

I as cause I just got home from the park with the kids. And this woman filled her three kids bottles and pippys with coke. None of them could be over 2-2 1/2.

I was appauled, what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it seem so trashy, and seems like such bad parenting to me. It's horrible for their teeth, isn't good for their stomachs, and has NO nutritional value. Not to mention, it's all empty calories, and most likely caffeinated. I've heard of children having to get their baby teeth all removed because they were rotten before they even grew in...from soda. If you want an obese child with rotten teeth and bad health, go for it, but I would never want that.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I have a friend that does that...she would sometimes even put coffee into her toddlers bottle! She would laugh and say,well...she likes it.I personally don't agree with it and wouldn't do it myself.I try to ignore it and tell myself,some people are just different and think different,thats all...but still it's always an eyebrow raiser to see that,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My 5 year old doesn't even drink soda. We've given it to him maybe 2 times on special occasions and both times he has asked for Milk instead. So I personally would never do that. I bring water for my kids when we go places like that.
    Anonymous

• no y would you start somthing so earily
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 2:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Just thinking of all the health issues pumping you kids full of soda and/or coffee, makes me crindge.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it's a good idea to give kids pop at all....or maybe occasionally for a special treat. But not in a bottle or sippy! If they are big enough to have pop as a treat they have to be big enough to drink it out of a regular cup, straw, or bottle (not baby bottle). I have lots of kids around my house and I don't even buy pop to keep in the house. It does make some kids alittle hyper and misbehave. I have one granddaughter that we have to really watch her sugar intake, or she gets too hyper. She's not ADHD or anything, just something to do with the sugar. My 3 year old gs, had a sprite when we went out to lunch today, but that is only a special treat.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I think its disgusting actually. Parents are responsible for their child's nutrition and I feel that willing giving your child soda especially at that age is a form of neglect (and no not the kind of neglect that needs to be addressed). I only drink soda on occasion myself because its not good for me, so its definitely not ok for my child!
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• NOT good!!!! AT ALL!!
    Hazel956

Answer by Hazel956 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I think it's disgusting. Soda isn't good for anyone. Bottles and sippy cups are already bad for oral development. Why fill them with junk??? I hate seeing it. The kids wouldn't like it if you didn't give it to them! My nearly 2 yr old has never had soda. I hardly drink it myself.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 3:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• DH drink a LOT of soda, and I do too at times. But we have never given DS pop. Not even when a stupid ass doctor told us to give him flat gingerale or sprite when he was sick. Nore would I ever give any of the kids I watch pop! Even if their parents did, thats not right in my house!
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2009