Good or bad? You decide

Overall, 52% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance so far. Yesterday and today are the first time that the number of voters who approve of the President’s performance has slipped below the 53% share of the vote he won last November. Forty-eight percent (48%) now disapprove. For other barometers of the President’s performance, see Obama By the Numbers or review recent demographic highlights from the tracking polls.

Just 27% of voters nationwide favor passage of a second economic stimulus package. Sixty percent (60%) are opposed.

Fifty-four percent (54%) say the average Democrat in Congress is more liberal than they are, while 36% believe the average Republican congressman is more conservative

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• We still have over 3 yrs to vote him out of office.

But it's less than a year and a half until we can change the makeup of congress and neuter him.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Good, it means people are starting to wake up.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I can't believe he still has nearly half the nation still supporting this crap! I guess he'll have to stop using lube before they realize what's being done to them and their rights.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Your link is not working. I posted one of these also and took it down because the link was not working. Everyone should look at the Rasmussen site. I love doing the predictions.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I'm glad to see people are waking up to what's going on around them but unless he's impeached these latest numbers mean nothing. We still have over 3 yrs to vote him out of office. Poll numbers shouldn't be expected to remain high during the entire term of any president. Someone is gonna find fault with something he/she does and it will begin to show in approval ratings.

Anonymous

• comes with the territory. you win some and you lose some. numbers might be sliding a bit now and could stay that way for sometime but let him or something go right even for one second and the number will climb again. permanente solutions are what we need world wide.
    Anonymous

• I disagree with half of what he is doing and I agree with half of what he is doing. I hate congress as a whole, so yes, that poll pretty much sums up my opinion.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 2:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Vote Libertarian for Congress, I am starting to feel like that is the only way to get any change done.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• It's just a poll of opinions. Obama is still our president, we need solutions and results. That takes time. I support the president.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 3:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• But it's less than a year and a half until we can change the makeup of congress and neuter him.

Perfect answer NP!

mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2009