What is the best city or cities for african american single mom to live, work, play?

Hello,
I'm a single parent of 2 ages 8 and 11. I'm a college student majoring in communications. My present home town don't offer a lot in this industry and I feel it's best to move now and seek entry leve positions in this field to get experience and to grow in this field.

honeynut551

Asked by honeynut551 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• Atlanta is a great place. There are plenty of colleges where you can transfer to. There are a lot of activities for kids as well as some good neighborhoods to raise your children in. You can check the Atlanta Journal Constitution online for entry level jobs in your major to see what is available.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• not too sure, but maybe a Boston suburb? There are lots of educational opportunities for adults and children in Boston.
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 2:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• ATLANTA!!!!! That's where i am from I LOVE IT HERE! I am not african american, BUT My african american friend Niki calls it the black hollywood.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Come to Chicago!

Answer by rkoloms at 3:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• dallas we are way better off than mostof america
    sweettoffee

Answer by sweettoffee at 4:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• It doesn't surprise me that someone from Texas would think their home is better than the rest of America. Its very sad actually.
    Anonymous

• Indianapolis,Indiana
    Anonymous