Allergy to tomatoes. What do I use in place of tomatoes?

My 21 month old is allergic to tomatoes, milk and chicken. If she eats any of these she breaks out in open sores all over her face, and mouth area. I am having a really hard time figuring out what to use in place of tomato sauce to cook her pastas and rice. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a bunch of kid friendly, healthy and tasty recipes. It is too hard to post them her; please message me and I will be happy to forward them to you. You can find great dairy free recipes at www.veganyumyum.com and www.vegweb.com

Answer by rkoloms at 2:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Thank you - my son cannot tolerate milk or cheeses and there is some other things I know he's not tolerating but have yet to figure out what they are - he can't stool, has dry scalp and ezcema when he has a reaction to things..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• The eczema and dairy allergy are related,I believe. Mine also has eczema and an intolerance to fragrances as well. You might want to eliminate all bath and moisturizing products that contain fragrances and see if it helps with his skin issues. Also I use eucerin cream to moisturize after every bath. HTH!
    Anonymous

• Olive oil and roasted or sauteed garlic is always a good pasta topping. Pesto (homemade without the cheese in it) - there are lot's of different varieties. Also, if she's not allergic to other vegetables, you can grill some vegetables in a little olive oil, chop/blend them up and serve them with the pasta or rice. I've also seen sauces made out of avocado as a base, too, if you are looking for something creamy. I've also seen recipes for pasta sauces with creamed corn as a base - I don't think that has dairy, but you can always cream your own instead buying the canned. I can dig up these recipes if you want - just PM me.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2009