3-week old gotten really fussy.. help

So my daughter turned 3 weeks yesterday. and I switched her to soy formula yesterday as well. I called her doctor yesterday because she has been having really watery poops, like almost like pee, and it would SHOOT out of her bottom when i took her diaper off to change her.
Well all last night she would wake up every 20 minutes fussing she never really slept. and shes still doing it. my mom & i have tried EVERYTHING.

anybody know what might be going on?
she used to sleep 2-3 hours.
she drinks 4-6 ounces every 2-3 hours

but today the only thing that calms her for a bit is feeding her.

CamiiiCompasion

Asked by CamiiiCompasion at 2:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Colic kicks in at around 3-4 weeks. do what you can to comfort her and don't lose your mind.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• if she is pooping like water maybe she has a belly ache and she might be dehydrated I would call her Dr. and tell them whats going on and if you can give her some peialite.
    She might not like the formula so she can be fusing about that
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• go buy a can of neutramigin formula its EXPENSIVE. But see if that works. Thats what we had to do for my son. Around 3-4 weeks babies nerves fully devolopes so there is a whey protein in milk that babies stomachs sometimes has a hard time digesting and they need it broken down for them. And thats what that formula does is break it down. So you baby may be suffering and be in pain cause her stomach cant digest it properly. Buy a can or two and you should see a difference within 3 days if thats the problem. We saw a difference after the first bottle with my son. Its a small can they don't come in big cans and they are about 26 dollars a can. BUT if thats the problem it is well worth it for you and your baby. Go buy it right away. Good lucK!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My aunt had 2 boys and a girl. Both boys cried NON-STOP, she used grip water. You give them a bottle as you normally would and then 1-2 ounces of grip water right after and it calms their stomach. You can get it at target and I think safeway or the internet. It works amazing!! And it is all natural...I hope that helps.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• well welcome to being a mother no one may have told you before you had beautiful babies but they are always having the runs and getting rashes and growing pains and tempertantrums and sleepless nights will be with you for a very long time. you just need to hold in there im sure you baby is doing just fine. in time it will get better and you will get better at not sleeping and working all day too. dont be afraid to ask for help it doesn't make you a bad mother it makes you a better mother when you have time to your self good luck hope all is well
    mommommom1988

Answer by mommommom1988 at 2:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Her doctor is calling us back on Thursday, to see if the soy formula helped with the poops.
    They're not shooting out anymore, but they're still runny.
    We started the soy formula around 6:30pm yesterday.
    She went 3 hours, ate again.
    (slept 2 hours inbetween that as well)
    but around midnight she started getting fussy.

She's finally sleeping now.
    she doesn't seem like she's in pain, like when she had hunger pains, she cries, but she' hasn't really cried that hard, just kinda wimpering and grunting but she seems bothered by something.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 2:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• well, colic is uncalmable crying so that's probably not it - it could be the soy though, I tried about 7 different formula's before he finally just turned 1 and I stopped them - it was a nightmare but my son also DID have colic for 5 months and had/has stool issues and once he turned 1 and older we also learned he had intolerance to milk, dairy and we are currently working on whatever else -but i constantly had him in the doctors and i felt like they had no idea either - she might just be adjusting to the new formula, maybe it feels different in her tummy - if she had shooting diahrea, she probably had some type pf bug!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• As adults anytime we change our diets it takes a while for our systems to adjust, is there a reason that you switched to soy?, i would keep in contact witht the doctor and let him know how this is effecting baby, good luck!
    mika85302

Answer by mika85302 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• We were told by the doctor to switch her to soy because she might be lactose intolerant.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 11:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2009