Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Throwing up bile? 33wks preg

I am not sure whether I am throwing up bile... or just the grease from what I ate.

I am 33 weeks pregnant and haven't really had any problems with the pregnancy besides some gallbladder problems around weeks 24-28. I had really bad pain in my gallbladder area (under right rib and right back, under shoulder blade) for about a month. No signs of stones. Can't do the test to see how my gallbladder is functioning since I'm pregnant.

Anyway... I have thrown up a yellow substance twice in the last two days. Once 2-3 hours after eating baked chicken (my husband put some butter on it) and once this morning around 5am. Last night I had Chinese food for dinner and some buttered popcorn which I usually don't eat. My stomach and chest was burning like it would with acid reflux... then I threw up a good ammount of yellow liquid.

I have been drinking plenty of fluids.

Is there anything I should worry about? When should I consult a doc?

Answer Question

Asked by shannonwooten at 2:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Anytime you have a question about your health during your pregnancy, you should check with your doctor or midwife, especially if you know that you've had some abnormal things going on. That doesn't mean that you should worry, but you should pursue it. I would call your nurse line (either your doctor's office or health plan probably has one) and ask whether or not you should make an appointment.

    Answer by evwsquared at 2:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

  • I had the same thing happen to me and the bad backpain started up again around 34 weeks I kept tellig doctors and they just sent me home on bed rest so at 38 weeks I drove 6 hours to see the doctor I had with my first pregnancy he listened to her heartbeat and said if I was having that many problems she would be fine to deliver the next day. so I went in the next day and her heart had stopped having pain under your right rib is a sign of hellp syndrome which I had and they alot of times diagnose wrong. I would go to the doctor and ask for a blood test. better safe than sorry. I wish you the best of luck with whatever it is and hope you feel better soon.

    Answer by Amanda_87 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.