i have a 7 month old baby who is having trouble sleeping through the night some help please....

this is the issue my baby is not sick at all, she just have a cold now and a cogestion. But i have been trying to make her sleep through the night for 3 months without no positive result, i have tried millions of things, nothing works. I have taken to 15 different pediatriticians to see if something is wrong with her, but nothing.. and i am so desperate because i don't know what is going on with my own baby, and noone gives me an answer. I just feel hopeless and desperate any advice pleaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeeee would be helpful for me thanksssssss

Yandelbrendajes

Asked by Yandelbrendajes at 2:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How many times is she waking? My son didn't sleep through the night til over a year at that was after 5 months of a method I found that worked for us - he did somedays and other nights he didnt. what is worrying you the most? is the amount of times she's waking? What does put her back to sleep? I remember being desperate for sleep at this age too !! I have a couple good books if you have more info
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My son is a week shy of 11 months and he still wakes once, sometimes twice a night. He has his bottle and goes right back to sleep, within 15 minutes. I change his diaper too if needed. At 7 months he was up 2 or 3 times a night. We tried all the suggestions as well. I had him in daycare from 5 to 8 months and then decided to just be a stay at home mom because that was more worthwhile. We cut back on a lot and I am able to stay home. So being up doesn't affect me at work. Anyways, lots of friends and family members honestly do not have babies who sleep 10 to 12 hours. Lucky for those who do. I'm hoping after a year he starts sleeping more. Some moms of toddlers don't even get them to sleep all night either. Some babies are just not ready to sleep that long without eating I guess.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• if she is congested then perhaps she's having trouble breathing while sleeping. Have you tried lifting the head of her mattress up? In her crib you can adjust the height of the mattress. just lift the head up a bit so she's not laying flat where she can get congested and wake up

Answer by admckenzie at 3:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I read your question and was hoping I could get some valuable answers for myself. However, it sounds like we just have to deal. I am so sick of not getting any sleep my daughter will be 6 mos next week and its insane that she is not sleeping at least 4 hrs straight. I am so tired and I am horrible at sleeping during the day, napping when she naps is very difficult. I just want to go crazy when someone tells me that their child sleeps thru the night, I ask how long, and they say " Oh I put her down at 8 and she didn't wake til 7 a.m." Well good for you but I get no sleep but a couple hours here, and there. If we were in a position that I had to return to work I would not be able to function at a job due to sleep deprivation. I seriously don't know how other women do it. I feel your pain and want you to know that you are not the only one whose baby won't sleep good.
    goodluck

Answer by goodluck at 3:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• my husband and I found that my daughter generally only wakes up at night when she is going through a growth spurt. Are you sure that your baby is getting enough to eat? We also made sure that she was getting enough activity right before bed so that she was tired enough to sleep through the night. I have a friend of mine who's baby goes to bed at 8 pm until 8 am and then takes a 3-4 hour nap during the day as well (but this baby is WAY overfed so that might be part of it). All kids are different, but they will sleep through the night eventually.
    cassiemommy

Answer by cassiemommy at 3:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My daughter was 8 months old before she slept 6 solid hours. She was at least a year before she slept 8 or more consistently. This is how some babies are, you just have to deal with it.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Dear OP And Goodluck - I feel your pain - I PROMISE I do!! I sadly remember very little of my son's life up until he was 1 because I was completely sleep deprived, I was a constant zombie and cried ALL the time- i had to go back to work when he was 2 months old and he had 14 hour a day colic from the day we brought him home until he was 5 months old when it was only 8 hours a day - me and my husband fought all the time, he had NO patience so we didnt share the over night responsibilities either - finally when my son was 8 months old and woke up every hour on the hour for 3 days in a row I brought him to the doctor and sadly told him to fix my son before I runaway!!!! He gave me the best book - Healthy sleep habits, happy child - it gives SO many methods that can be tried, at this point however I tried them ALL so I ended up doing the cry it out method because I knew my son was getting enough to eat and due to his colic,
    con't
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• he never learned to self-sooth so I had to do the full blown cry it out - he would literally cry for up to 3 hours - it was horrible but each night and each time he woke up in the night, he did end up crying less. It took a week for him to sleep through the night - he did still go in spurts after that if he was teething or belly ache or growth spurts but I still didn't go to him.I did cave after a month of him sleeping through the night and the first time he woke again but i found the more I did go to him, the harder it was to get him back to bed because he quickly learned his crying would get me in there - there was never anything "wrong" with him - he just still couldn't always put himself back to sleep. I KNOW its hard and SO frustrating. I met a couple CM mom's on here that realyl helped me through this time - let me know if you need to talk!! good luck!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2009