Woman over 45?

My MIL is pregant agian. Which I find VERYY creapy/weird.

Does anyone else think woman older the 45-50 having kids just isn't right?

Just think about it, by the time she dies the youngest might not be out ogt school yet! And stepFIL is not spring chicken either he's 11 yrs older then her!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• How young is very young? And yeah around 50 is sorta old, compared to a 20 something, concidering thats aroundthe time "the change" is suppose to take place. I agree with the OP. it's a bit creapy for a grandma to keep having more of her own.
    Anonymous

• Not anything I would lose sleep over, it is their life.
    Anonymous

• It's certainly not for me, but if they are healthy, active, and up for the job, then good for them. I decided that over 40 was not for me. While your MIL and her DH might die before their kids are out of school, the same goes for all of us. My friend died at 25 and left behind two children under five. There are no guarantees of being healthy or alive at any age. I wish them the best and hope their baby is healthy and that they are able to raise him/her.
    DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 3:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I am 47 and pregnant with twins. Sorry it makes you feel creepy but it isn't. Nothing wrong with waiting to have children when you are ready or adding to your family later on. You will be her age someday and see how ridiculous what you are saying really is.
    Anonymous

• OP here: I don't think it would be as bad for me if A: she was in good health. She 48 and you'd think she was 60. if B they don't have 7 children already they haven't raised well. Two are still under 10. and C: if I knew there was a chance they could keep up with them, to fulfill all their needs, and won't die on them leaving them parent less. Yes I know everyone can died at any time but someone that is at the physical age of 60 and her husband 70, they aren't really in any shape to be running around, or caring for a baby/young child. They should be enjoying their grand kids, not making more of their own.

Anonymous

• I suspect the OP is very young. Because...how could anyone think 40 + is OLD? LOL. My Grandpa was 49 and my Grandma 41 when my Mom was born. They both had energy and enthusiasm and loved being "Older" parents...the birth was so easy. I have many friends who had children in their 40's. If the woman is in good health and takes care of herself, there is nothing wrong with it. My oldest daughter is trying to get pregnant for the first time at age 41. Anything is possible and its a wonderful thing! :-)
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2009