baby with temp

my son is almost 8 months old, he has had a temp since yesterday morning of 100 - 101.5. should i take him to the doc?? i have been giving him tylenol, and it has dropped it down to 99, but only for a bit. hes pretty fussy and clingy, and wants to nap all day. what do you think? oh and we are planning a trip to the zoo saturday, should we still go if he has the temp still?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• take him to the doctor
    Anonymous

• call the pediatrician and ask. remember a temp can mean he is fighting something off. and even though the dr says a temp and teething are not connected, my son would be a solid 100-101 when his teeth were breaking though.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• unless he does not have a fever of like 103.00 my doctor tells me not to bring him in..u could always call the pediatrician and tell them the symptoms and they will advice u in what to do best and if he happens to be running a fever on sat still i dont think the zoo is a good idea been that if is hot out he can have a concussion..I'm speaking out of experience because it happen to me.. my son was running a fever and I went to the hair salon to get my hair dry and bammm it happen had to take him to the ER to so fun to experience..also try to take him cool showers, keep him is diapers and with a cold cloth wipe is back,feet ect.
    curls_tampa

Answer by curls_tampa at 3:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• You should call the dr. office, he could be having problems with his gums, there could be something viral, or inner ear trouble, anyway check for other symptoms and take the list to the doc, better safe than sorry, don't cancel your plans yet, he may b ok by then.
    good luck
    mika85302

Answer by mika85302 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2009