Is this right?

If a hospital kills your loved one and they want to settle for 50,000 split between 5 people? Not including that half of it goes to the lawyers? In my state they also only have a 100,000 max due to people suing over extreme things like pickles burning them and such, but should that apply to something like a hospital KILLING someone that went in there for back pain? I think it should only apply to the stupid things, and this is very serious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think all malpractice suits should be capped.
    Anonymous

• You don't tell enough details on what happened.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• A hospital killed my cousins newborn twin daughter. A nurse overdosed her with meds.....gave her 5 mg instead of 0.5 mg. Needless to say they were going to settle with a million dollars and the grandfather of my cousins wife thought they should get more......now they never got anything. Not that a price can be put on a life. But I would think that if it is standard for a certain amount, and the lawyers are aware of this, take what you are offered. It's not going to bring back our loved ones. And everything happens for a reason, even when it is beyond our understanding.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• all the money in the world will not bring that loved back but it sure would help with threapy cost.
    Anonymous

• A million dollars? Now that is way more than reasonable, but 50,000 split between 5 people and half of it going to the lawyers, making it about 25,000 between 5 people. The reason why they're trying to do that is because the people involved in are greedy. What happened is he went in for back pain and he was admitted in to the hospital to stay to get it fixed. The nurse in charge was too lazy to go in and do anything, and they had him on meds so he couldn't move. It ended up causing gang green to set up due to him not being turned. She didn't do it at all unless someone in the family was there. It ended up being a hole the size of my head, no joke.

Anonymous

• The nursing staff was lazy and of poor quality. She went about thinking she ruled the hospital and didn't have to do anything, and was even marking false information, and documenting the things that were happening but didn't do anything about it. When she found the spot, she STILL didn't do anything, but wrote it down. When questioned she said "I had myself to worry about, not him." no joke. It's in the records. She was a smart ass and all about herself.
    Anonymous

• The people who should receive money when bad things happen to them rarely get what they should and the ones who shouldn't get anything do... IMO, REAL justice is uncommon...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 3:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• The nursing staff was lazy and of poor quality.

Nursing staff? or One nurse? Nursing is 24/7

Was he an obese diabetic?????? Because what you are saying doesn't make sense? They settled because they probably wouldn't win in court.
    Anonymous

• A doctor poked a whole in my babies stomach when he was 2 weeks old. It was during surgery. At first we were boiling and wanted to sue him.We called some lawyers and they told us that if there isnt any permanent damage, than we dont have a case. What, does someone have to die in order to sue a doctor? How about pain and suffering. I think it was bull shit. Than a few days later as we had time to cool down we realized it was just a mistake and he did show that he felt terrible about it.
    Anonymous

• *hole.
    Anonymous