I need potty training advice!

My 3 year old baby girl is so off and on with the potty. She is so happy when she goes but sometimes refuses it. The last two weeks she's been going on her own but if I put panties on her she uses them like a diaper. My biggest challenge is getting her to pooh in the potty..she's only done it once. She is so hestitant about it. I feel like I've tried everything except I won't punish her because I want it to be a positive exp. Other mommies have actually told me to be mean about it and there is NO way I'm doing that!

JenniferWheeler

Asked by JenniferWheeler at 3:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i made a potty chart with stickers for my daughter, she was potty trained in a month
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• when I trained my boy I let it go a few times when he poo his pants and I would tell him that it's a no no and it gross and big boys don't do that but after a few times I would just swat his butt and he learned really fast, you don't have to be mean about it but you need to let them know you mean business or else they will just do what they want to do.
    Some people do awards and all that I don't belive in that
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• **awards**
    rewards
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Just be patient. Sticker charts, rewards, cheering her successes, praising her, asking her if she needs to go often, nailing down the time she "usually" goes and then sitting her down at that time. All of those will help, but it will really just be patience that gets you through.
    whoiam

Answer by whoiam at 3:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Honestly, my kids were super easy about potty training. Does she have any "big kids" that she hangs out with? I noticed that Jolie and Jordan both did much better when there were others around that went in the potty. Also, and this is the involved part, just reminding her every two hours like you might have changed her diaper (I didnt) that its potty time and taking her to the bathroom and making her sit for a bit will train her. If you keep a basket of books or fun toys in the bathroom that are "potty only" will help out. AND If you have a Chuck E Cheese where you are, they have a rewards chart that will get them free tokens if they fill out the chart! We still use it! They have them for everything! ;-)
    hjjroossien

Answer by hjjroossien at 5:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2009