This is how tough the times are right now! Post yours here..

Times are so tough right now. I am back to shopping at Wal-Mart instead of Target for household essentials. What have you had to change/modify/cut back on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ive had to cut back on food house supplys the essentials my man lost his job and we may have to move to my moms house.....times are freaking tough for us right now....he was a truck driver...now hes just looking for any thing are income went from 4,500 a month to barey 1,000 with my income i can only afford to pay rent
    Anonymous

• My hair :( I still get my hair cut by one of the best stylist but I color my own. I find as long as I do one color it looks just as good anyway and I don't get as upset when it starts to fade or grow out.
    Nena821

Answer by Nena821 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Well we now buy all non name brand thing at the grocery store, the kids in our house are the only ones who eat more than once a day. We cant afford a crib for our 10 month old, or a high chair, and we only flush our toilet if we go #2 to help save on our water bill, we NEVER go out anywhere and very rarely eat out at a fast food place.
    Anonymous

• I always look for sales and stock up on stuff anything from cloths to food, I go to target walmart you name it and I look for clearance house hold stuff just about anything, times are tough for us as well but looking for good deals and stocking up really helps
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• We are losing out on family time. We've been lucky in that our income has increased as much as prices have increased, but my husband is working more hours to keep us at the same level.
    Anonymous

• Gosh who hasn't cut back? I get our bread at a local Hostess bakery outlet. I buy our cleaning products at the dollar store. I buy our groceries by the week at Winco ( I can get about the entire week on $50..shop smart and use coupons). We are on WIC so that helps. I do not put on the AC until about an hour til my dh comes home. Otherwise I keep the house open at night for the breeze and air, take the kids out early in the am to play and then the blow up pool in the afternoon when it is hot. We applied for a discounted rate with our utilities and that helps. Check your utility companies for this. Also you can go to food banks to help a little more. I do my own manicures and if real lucky dh does my pedicures. The little luxuries are nice but saving/cutting back is not so bad. Just stinks. Hope this helps or gives someone else some ideas! Pinch Pinch!
    NoDramaMamma

Answer by NoDramaMamma at 3:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• let's see...

We had to cut back on food. (only buying things to make meals & lots of ramen noodles & sanwiches)
    My checking acct. has been closed because we couldn't afford to pay all the overdraft charges.
    We haven't gone out or had haircuts in MONTHS!!
    We had to down-grade our cable & internet to make the bill smaller.
    I have to clean the bathrooms & kitchen with bleach & hot water because we can't afford to buy any cleaning products.
    We can't afford to fix the motor on the electric windows in my car & the driver's side window has been rolled all the way down for about a month now. So we have to put a towel on it when it rains.
    I'm making the min. payment only on my credit card.
    Luckily, our landlord is working with us & allowing us to make payments on the rent instead of just kicking us out on our asses.
    My son is wearing the cheapest diapers available.

Basically, we've had to change how we live entirely.
    Anonymous

• anything you can think of...not only are times hard right now but they are extremely difficult for my cuz i haven worked since nov cuz of my back problems and i cant think of one place that would hire me and tolerate my needs. so i cut back on everything! im struggling...thank god for my wonderful boyfriend
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• We used to go out to eat every Friday, payday. But we have completly cut that out.
    We never eat out anymore. I don't let any of the little kids just get their own snacks, I have a certain snack time and I give them what I have planned. When I go to the grocery store I add up every thing as I go along, at the end I'll go down the snack isle and fill in what I can to add up to my budget for the week. Our central air went out, we have two window units, I don't turn them on unless I'm really really hot.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Nothing...
    I've always been a Wal-mart shopper.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2009