If you potty trained using the "naked from the waist down" approach..

.. did you have trouble once you put your child back in pants? We just started this yesterday and are making amazing progress, but I'm worried she will have a hard time when we put pants back on.

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 3:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i did this and i also bribed with candy... people can say what they want it took me 3 days to potty train my barely 2 year old son! ANYWAY... I didnt have any problems putting pants back on...... just stay on her... and do not go back to diapers or pull ups... once you go back... it's twice as hard to get them off!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 3:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• At first, yes. I'd put her in panties and she wet them so I'd go back to the naked method for the rest of the day. After a few times, she figured it out.

And victinaG... there's nothing wrong with using candy or small toys to encourage progress. Every child is different. It worked for your son and that's all that needs to matter to you. Be aware that it doesn't work for all kids though. My daughter won't be bribed - not for stickers, not for M&Ms, not even for a slice of cake. Every child is different. Mine needs it to be HER idea and to her bribes are a forceful way for me to get her to do what I want her to. So she refuses all bribes.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I also used the naked baby approach and after a couple naked days I put her in panties around the house for a day and she peed just a little before she realized she had panties on. The next day we put on pants and she peed a little again and realized there was no diaper. She has been potty trained for a year now with only occasional accidents immediatley following the initial potty training. Good luck :)
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 3:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• what is the naked baby method??
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• You just let your child go naked from the waist down (in your home of course) and have the potty accessible. So far my daughter has only peed on the floor twice and both times she ran to the potty in the middle. Otherwise, she's gone when I've reminded her, or a few times she's gone all on her own. If she has anything on (diapers, pull up, underwear) she will just wet herself. But it seems that if she has nothing on, she actually realizes she's going and runs for the potty. We're making great progress!
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Yes, we had at least one accident when we added the underwear, and another when we added pants, that was with all three that are now potty trained. But now we are in Naked week with child #4.

HisMommy
    It is much more economical and effective than pull-ups, at least it has been for us. We just let them run around naked until they are consistently using the toilet, then add underwear and do the same, then add pants.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 5:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Yes we had issues with that. My son was perfectly potty trained...naked...it took another few months to get him potty trained with clothes on. I'm gonna stick to panties(no pull-ups either!) with DD and deal with the constant costume changes...for me it was not worth the added step.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2009