Hysterectomy at 27?

Hi ladies I have been in pain for along time and have been treated for several different things. I found out today that I have a prolapsed uterous. And to fix it I will have to have a partial hysterectomy. I am fine with that because I have four children. He wants to leave my ovearies if possible. He may have to remove my right because i have cyst on it all the time. I was just wanting to hear some similar stories or opinions. Should I keep the ovaries or remove them?

ellies3boys

Asked by ellies3boys at 3:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Health

• Keep your ovaries and get a second opinion. I read an article the other day that something like 70% of hysterectomies are unnecessary. Do your research hon
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 3:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Keep them. You want the natural hormones.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Keep them for as long as you can, they will provide you with all the hormones your body needs to stay "yourself". I know some women that had a full hyst and had no hotflashes,night sweats, and mood swings while others had everything possible. You might never have to have the ovaries removed later in life, you might have too, depending on how severe your other issues run. You Dr is a great resourse for info like this.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• if there is nothing wrong with your ovaries then there is no reason to get rid of them. Keep them if you can
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Definitely keep your ovaries (or at least one) if at all possible.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My wonderful dr told me he wants me to keep them but it was up to me. I know I wann keep them if I can both. But if not just one is better than none.
    ellies3boys

Answer by ellies3boys at 11:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2009