My baby will not go to anyone other then my eldest or my sister

My daughter is 8 and a half months old and will not stay with anyone other then my sister or my eldest daughter. I want to start swimming to help with my weight loss, only i dont have any one to baby sit in the evenings, but i am too worried about doing it in the day and putting her in a creche for an hour. Reason being is she will not go to anyone but my eldest and my sister. The thought of leaving her with people she doesnt know and the fact she will scream and cry till i came back horrifies me. What can i do? please help me? her father is not on the scene and never has been either so she does only have me

mumagain2

Asked by mumagain2 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I assume the creche is the child care at the gym. If so, they are used to dealing with fussy, upset little ones who want mom NOW. They know what is an Ok amount of fussing and what isn't. If she gets too upset or doesn't calm down, they will page you. I'd say to give it a try. She may surprise you and start to look forward to the visits to the "playroom". If it doesn't work, wait a month and try again or keep going but stay there with her, slowly backing away and letting her play while you sit in a corner. Once she's used to it, you can try leaving her again.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2009