if i have pcos how do i concieve a child without a doctors help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is possible but it is harder. Try for a year and if it does not happen it might be a good idea to contact a doctor
    ckmomof2

Answer by ckmomof2 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i have that too.... the main reason pcos causes infertility is the irregular periods of absent periods.. if you don't have a period you don't ovulate. you have to ovulate to get pregnant. i havent had a period for 3 months and after a round of progesterone pills i still didnt start, my dr gave me the same medication yesterday as a shot... and i can tell i am about to start.. so it depends on your situation, if you arent having a period , or they are irregular my advice is to call a dr, he may or may not have you take clomid or another medication like it to help you ovulate. the good thing about it is that you knwo when you ovulate! good luck!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 3:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I have pcos too, and your best bet is to go to the doctor. there is way more to pcos than just absent periods and lack of ovulation. check it out on webmd, it has a lot of good info. there are a lot of things you can do to help such as keep carbs to a minimum, exercise and if you are overweight then lose some weight. What helped me start ovulating again and conceive was taking metformin. it works great, but even with that some women still have to take clomid. good luck to you, and please see a doctor. you are at an increased risk for things like heart disease and ovarian cancer.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i have pcos to n it sucks. I was on birth control for about a year to get my periods back in order while takin meteformin. After 3 months of being off of birth control i got pregnant! Its hard n can get dissapointing but try meteformin first before you give up! Good luck
    mirclebaby

Answer by mirclebaby at 2:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• thank you ladies for your sugestions... i will try all of these...
    colleen431

Answer by colleen431 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2009