any other marine gf's lonely???

so my fiance is in the marines and is at Lejeune right now in north carolina and hes possibly shipping out in two weeks and i wont see him again until maybe september....i miss him like crazy. i find myself texting alot of my guy friends for comfort and attention and i feel horrible! were not doing anything other than texting and its nothing dirty but i still feel bad....any other marine/army/navy wives out there that wants to chat/text????

Crushersmommy

Asked by Crushersmommy at 3:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• sorry but texting a guy for attention is wrong IMO. thast how my DH ended up cheating on me. twice. . .i
    Anonymous

• you should feel bad
    stop texting them
    Anonymous

• stop the texting other men. My husband has been in the Navy for almost 6 years, we have spent the last 5 months apart, and if you count all the work ups and dets before the deployment you can add another 8 months on to the 5. Find another way to occupy yourself, if you cant handle him being in another state w/o finding comfort in other men (sexual or not) you wont be able to handle him being in a war zone.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• whata slut.
    Anonymous

• you call me a slut and cant even own up to your words.....LoSeR!!!!!
    Crushersmommy

Answer by Crushersmommy at 6:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i dont just text any random guy.....these guys have been my friends since middle school. and theres no flirting its the typical hey whats up etc convo thank you all very much.....
    Crushersmommy

Answer by Crushersmommy at 6:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I'm in the same situation! My hubby is in S.C. and with the time difference and lack of down time, I get lonely! I have plenty of friends that I text and about half are guys that have been my friends forever. My hubby does have some concerns (what normal guy wouldn't?) but he also knows that these are friendly texts and that i need people to talk to while he can't be there. He also understands that there is a different kind of bond between guy/girl friends and it fills a need that you can't get from girl/girl friends. And yes, part of it is the male attention. But, as long as you aren't texting anything you wouldn't text to your hubby, I don't see the problem. Everyone's relationship is different and WHO ARE THE PP'S TO JUDGE YOU?!?! You do what works for you and your relationship!!! And honestly, I think having my guy-just-friends to text/talk to actually HELPS me NOT to feel lonely enough to cheat. Its preventative IMO.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Thank you ozarkgirl13!!! finally someone who doesnt judge me....my fiance will occasionally question the who have you been texting and about what thing but i dont mind one bit cuz ive got nothing to hide.....i wouldnt send my guy friends anything i couldnt send my hubby....

Crushersmommy

Answer by Crushersmommy at 6:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Your welcome crushersmommy! Life is too complicated to be as black and white as some people want to make it out to be. I think those people aren't ever really as happy/content as they put out there.

Many of my hubby's friends come and spend time with me at my house too. Most of them are single guys. But, hubby knows them and me and knows that everything is strictly friends. Its nice to have a man around the house. lol. I cook them supper and they do stuff hubby normally does. Its a nice trade off.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Im a lonely Army wife My husband deployed a week ago.I have been texting my guy friends more the usual,but they are just friends.I text them when hubby was home also..My husband and i have this thing called trust :)Plus he talks to other girls(That i know,Oh and he knows the guys because 1 is his best friend..WHO is also my best friend)

At the moment its nice to hear comforting words from a male figure..Just a simple its gonna be alright gets me threw the day.
    Just because I have GUY friends doesnt make me a SLUT...Its crazy to think people are that immature and cant even have friends of the oppisit sex just because they are married/dating whatever.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2009