• In the Spotlight:

What is something you think all 3 year olds should have?

kira_5105

Asked by kira_5105 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• A secure attachment to at least one parent/care giver - preferably to all of them, but at least to one.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• well, my three yr old needs lots of things....his siblings are his favorite though. Are you talking material things or emotional or what? I mean, I could say food, clothing, love, mom and dad who love one another, but I didnt want to answer you with that when you were asking about certain toys or books. I think books are very valuable for 3 yr olds. Simply because they are getting to the point where they are beginning to recognize letters, shapes and numbers. Their memory is good at this age too and its like a sponge. They just soak up everything. I dont believe in preschool, so having books around for him to read and me to read to him are the next best thing.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• A beard.

Anonymous

• thats just wrong on so many levels
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• long naps

Answer by rkoloms at 4:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• LMAO Anon! That's hilarious.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Sorry, that's not what I ment. I ment toys and things to play with.
    kira_5105

Answer by kira_5105 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Blocks

If I had to choose one, I would choose blocks. Totally gives them the freedom to do what they want and educational too. Think of how much they learn about gravity without ever actually hearing the word.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 5:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Well, my daughter frequently asks me to draw a mustache on her "just like Daddy". And yes, I do.

For material things like toys? I'd say crayons, scissors, and blocks. All are fun, develop good motor skills needed for school, and can keep a kid busy for half an hour (an eternity in preschool eyes).

Just keep an ear out for phrases like "Scissors are for cutting hair"... uttered by my child who had repeatedly agreed that "scissors were for paper only". Sigh. At least she didn't cut much.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I highly suggest something called a jumpolene. just trust me. it's indoor/outdoor, small enough for apartments, lasts winter thru summer, and lots of bang 4 your buck
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2009