This Question is NOT meant for All Christians.

Sense you believe that Jesus is the only way to heaven do you believe that your denomonation or your translation of the bible is more correct then others? Do you think that yours is the only way, or that ALL true Christians will end up in heaven no matter their denomonation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ok Christians are suppose to go by the bible right? Well this verse tells it all
    John 14:6 6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
    Im sorry to say but Christians that think there are more then one way has not been reading there bible...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• All will be in heaven, just some will take a longer road. Even Catholics.
    Anonymous

• On here, christians tell other christians tthey are not "true", so I dont think so, sadly many think there way is the only "true" way to heaven. So by those standards, heaven is gonna be a ghost town, because not many will enter.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I belive that you have to be saved and baptised (by that I mean fully immersed in water)and live your life according to the bible as much as possible. no one is perfect , our God is a forgiving God
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 4:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• "Even Catholics" that is hilarious!
    Anonymous

• Define True Christian....
    I believe the bible says there is only one way , all versions say that.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Of course I believe my beliefs are better lol. What's the point in believing something if you're not sure you're "right" or "more right" than the other beliefs?

Do I believe that all paths go to heaven? No. Because I do not believe in calling religion a "path." The word "path" suggests we're all heading different places. We are ALL on the SAME path whether we like it or not. We are born, we live, we die, we're judged (and I believe we all go to heaven but that's besides the point). I believe in the Christian God and that Jesus' sacrifice paved the way for all to obtain salvation because even if they don't believe in him in life, when his glory is revealed at judgement, faith and repentence are inevitable. I believe there is one universal truth but that no one really has yet to grasp what it is. We can add 1000 more denominations onto the ones that already exist and I still think no one would have it 100% right.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• As for the translations of the Bible. Some are better than others on a passage-by-passage basis really. I read the Bible Intralinear with four other translations and have much of the Bible memorized in KJV on top of that. I also read Parallel, Intralinear and Intrawoven to the original language (Greek/Hebrew/Aramaic) so that I can try to grasp as closely to what God/the original authors intended as I can. My interpretation of scripture is right for me. I claim to be no better than any other human being nor do I discredit what the Holy Spirit reveals to them from scripture simply because I did not have the same revelation. Christians have PERSONAL relationships with Jesus. I do not believe we all experience him in the same way. I do not feel my faith is any more valuable than any one elses'.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I do think that some religions force unnecessary "stuff" onto their followers which upsets me. Not because of the beliefs that they have. They are more than entitled to their beliefs. It's just the principle of the matter.
    NovemberLove

• You need to be a born again believer to enter into heaven "Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3.

I have brothers and sisters in Christ in many different denominations--we are all the body of Christ. But not every one (OR EVERY GROUP) that calls themselves Christian are really saved, "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven," Matthew 7:21

There are alot of translations that I agree with and use (KJV, NKJV, NLT, NIV, ESV, NASB, etc)

I don't believe that the New World Translation is a well translated Bible, and I would never study out of it.

I think when you go to a church that says that they are the only ones that are going to be saved, and if you leave the church you are lost, and they have to have their own translation of the Bible because every other one is "wrong" - it is dangerous
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2009