How do I tell my husband?

I'm sure there have been a million postings on this, but I just wanted new ideas. How do I tell my DH that I am pregnant? BTW, this is a good thing. We've been TTC. I don't want to give him the first sono picture, because I want him to be there. Any suggestions? We have an 18-month old and I thought it would be cute for him to wear a shirt that says, "I'm going to be a big brother" to his grandparents. But, not sure how to surprise the hubby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How about having daddy having to be the one to dress your oldest the day you plan to tell grandparents? The excitement that way will be double the fun cause hubby will have just found out first with you being busy that he has to dress oldest child for that day's activities. And, the excitement will rise a million times that same day with grandparents seeing your first child later in that shirt?

Blessing BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOURS MOMMY!!!!! The world is brighter with these new babies!
    Anonymous

• I heard a lady say that she bought a pair of baby booties and hung them on his rear-view mirror in his car and wrote on the windshield "can't wait to meet you daddy!"
    But I have also heard that you can buy a really nice box that the hpt can fit in and put it in then put a ribbon on it and give it to him. (most guys will think it a watch)

But what I did was,I baked a cake and put a lttle bitty baby in it b4 I baked it,marked where I put the baby and served him that piece after dinner that night. (I got the idea off of king cakes in La) But it was so cute how he took a bite and was like "wtf?" and then he just knew. (I had just had a m/c a month b4) so it was a good surprise
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I saw on America's Funniest Home Videos the other day, a mom wrote on her baby's diaper...I'm going to be a Big Brother! and then had her husband change it. It was sooo cute! He was so surprised! Maybe try that one?
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Give him some kind of everyday card and inside scramble up the words "daddy of two" and see how long it takes him to figure out. And instead of buying a shirt for big brother...just let him wear a name tag. And of course you could always give him a pic of the positive pregnancy test. Congrats!!! And have fun telling him!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 4:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2009