Is this rediculous or is it just me?

I'm so infuriated. We just moved and my son is almost due for his 12 month check up. I sent a request to have his records sent to the new dr and paid them to make copies. They told me it would be faxed that afternoon. Then today I called to make sure they were sent and they said that by law they have 30 days to send them and they would send them before the 30 days was up (it's now been a little over 2 weeks). I asked if they could do it sooner so my WIC won't lapse and they flkat out said no they were going to wait the 30 days. I begged and pleaded because I want my son to be seen and they won't until he has his records. If he gets sick I would like him to see a doctor who can look at his history rather than the ER. I also tried explaining that he needs the paperwork done so we don't lose WIC and they just won't take 30 seconds to fax a few papers. Seriously?

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 4:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'd be pissed especially since you already paid for the copies.
    Anonymous

• I agree. Outrageous. Is there any way that you could travel there and pick up the records yourself?

Answer by Bmat at 4:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I drove over an hour through a thunderstorm to give them the 5 bucks to copy 10 pages (also rediculous but whatever) and they said they were too busy and couldn't do it right then. That was before this 30 day nonsense came up or I would have sat there and waited to make sure they did it.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 4:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I would WIC to contact them and request that the records be sent sooner. Your WIC rep will work with you.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I'd be furious also. Some people take a little bit of power and stretch it as far as they can. How rude!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• It doesn't take just 60 seconds. They have to pull up each appointent and print out, etc. You will not lose your WIC.
    Anonymous

• Did you move far? If your able to drive there or get a ride to the old doctors office then pick the papers up yourself and drop them off yourself. Then when you have the paperwork all set i would call the better Business Berau(sp) on that doctors office and make sure you have whom ever you spoke with and that they were a flat out BITCH to you.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I would be mad too. I have never heard of having to pay to have their medical records transfered. I am a military wife and when I moved from home, I didn't have to pay to physically take copies of what I needed. That's just rediculous.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• They already pulled everything anon, but thanks anyway.

And thanks SusieD. WIC gave me an extension until he can be seen.

I just don't understand how someone can go out of their way to make it difficult for my son to have medical care.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 4:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• WIC never needed any medical records from my kids.

No doctor should refuse to see your son if he is sick...records there or not. My doctor saw me for the first time before the records arrived.

You should have been made aware they had 30 days to send the records when you requested them.
    Anonymous