What's the difference?

Today at planned parenthood they had a survey and it asked sexual orientation. The options were gay, lesbian, bisexual, straight, not sure, transgender, and QUEER.

First, since when is queer sexual orientation? I thought it meant like... something strange or unusual. Then, what is the difference between queer and gay, lesbian, transgender?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What? The only person I've ever heard use that term was my grandfather. People don't say that any more. And seriously, what is the difference? why even put that on there? WOW is all I have to say.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 4:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Why didn't you ask them?

Answer by rkoloms at 4:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• they don't even have the right to ask that question
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• That term may be for the people who are not familiar with the other terms, but have used that term all their years of being gay.
    That's my theory anyway.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:11 AM on Jul. 9, 2009