getting outside in the heat

hi i have a quick question... so where i live gets kinda of hot... not like crazy hot but like low 90's.. im stuck with out a car for now.. and my todder and i normally walk to the near by park.. to get out some stir crazy energy for both of us.. i dont have a back yard... should i wait till like four or five to get out.. then its like mid to 80's.. or would my two year old be ok with some sun screen and water.. if it was like one or two.. im overthinking it.. but he still is small thank u.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• I take my kids out between 6-7pm sometimes not even until 8 (they go to bed at 9) But we live in TX and its HOT HOT HOT all the time. The later the better, well thats what works for us.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 4:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i would get him out in it!!! the sunshine is good for him! just don't over do it, find a shady area and have him take breaks! sunscreen and a hat if her will wear it, water and gatorade to keep him from getting dehydrated( the new g2 gatorade has less sugar) ... it's good for him. my son is 3 and we live in alabama its been triple digits already this year.. i couldn't keep him in the house if i tried... he goes crazy!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 4:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Go to the park early in the morning; bring a picnic breakfast.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• As long as he's hydrated, has sunscreen, and can take a break on the way he should be fine. It's impossible to keep my boys in all day. We do try to do most of our outside stuff either before lunch, or after 4-5 p.m. It's just a lot more comfortable outside then.
    jill.a.k.a.mom

Answer by jill.a.k.a.mom at 4:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I would go early in the morning or after dinner. It is ok to be outside when it is hot, but not for more than about 15 minutes and keep hydrated. I worked in child care and we had to go outside everyday for atleast 15 minutes unless there was a heat advisory or it was below zero.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2009