How to rid my two year old from her pacifier?

Already tried cutting the ends off and she just cries and brings it to me saying it's broke, FIX IT! haha

ChloeNIsaiah

Asked by ChloeNIsaiah at 4:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What about saying that they are for babies and putting them in a bag and have her give them to another baby. Say your a big girl now, and another baby needs these.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Good grief, I remember those days. My dd was 3. We ended up losing them all (I lost them all) .  It was tough for a bit but they do move on.

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i threw my son's out the car window.... near a friends house( so i could go back and pick it up... littering is bad!!!) and said tell the pappy bye-bye... he asked about it for a couple of days but i kept reminding him that we threw it out the window...

if you have a friend that just had a baby.. you can "donate" the pacifiers to the new baby... "since he/she doesn't have any and would be very sad with out one.".... that worked fantastically for my friend.... they talked about it for a week or two, getting her ready... then made a big deal of wrapping them up as 1 big present and driving over to the friends house to "deliver the present"
    good luck!
    Anonymous

• Just take it away. It will all be over in a couple of days.
    Anonymous

• Do the "put your pappy under a pillow and the pappy fairy will come get it.. and leave a prize". that worked for my husbands boss's kids!
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i have studied alot of psychology, and sigmond freud said that from birth until the age 4 or 5, maybe earlier depending on the child - they are in the stage of oral fixation, and they need to fill their oral fixations needs or else they will be stuck in that stage forever. people who are stuck in oral fixation stages eat too much, smoke ciggerates, bite their nails, etc. so, i dont think you should take it away from her yet. and why would you want to if she likes it so much? instead of completley taking it away from her, why dont you work on having her only use it at home for example so that she doesnt have a pacifier in her mouth all the time everywhere you go if thats the reason it bothers you so much.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My neice had one since she was 3 and her teeth started to grow in the shape of the nipple! You may want to take it away as soon as possible. I got my son to give his up at 7 months... We played hot potatoe with it. (His Dad and I did.) So for a while when we gave it to him, he would start hitting at it and trying to get rid of it... LOL
    Jace1028

Answer by Jace1028 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2009