why do you get so tired in the first trimester its so annoying

ericaandfranke

Asked by ericaandfranke at 4:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just wait until the 3rd if you think it's bad now
    Anonymous

• It's because your body is not adjusted to the hormones and changes taking place. Your body hasn't figured out how to conserve energy efficiently yet to make up for all the extra energy going into making your baby! It gets a lot better into the 2nd trimester once your body is used to the hormones.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Your insides are literally running a marathon everyday. Making a baby is serious businiess!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Oh god to anon 4:32. I'm about to hit the third trimester and I have been so Happy to have my energy back during the short reprieve of 2 months!!! Already I'm slowing down and I feel like a pill bug when I try to get out of bed in the morning.. ;(

And, you know what's even more annoying than being tired, so tired you can't walk a block, during the first trimester? Is when people try to tell you about the "joys of pregnancy".

Truly, there was no joy for me until I first felt the baby kick! Save your "joys" for someone who cares, lol.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 4:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2009