How can you be the only one who knows the "true" way?

I mean, really.Most of the big difference's in the major denominations of Chritianity are in doctrine and practice. So, since most of that has to do with interpretation (cause, let's face it EVERYONE believes what they believe because of the way THEY see the world), how can you be 100% sure that you interpretation is right? Look at it this way, two little girls both tell their dad that they are the best dad in the world. Are they both right? Yes, in the CONTEXT that their dad is the only dad they know. And no, in the context that their more then likely are things that their dad doesn't do as well as another dad does.
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There are actually a lot of us who know the only true way.
    Anonymous

• I don't think there is ONE way to the devine. Otherwise why would there be so many religions out there?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• it's their "FAITH" spiritguide. It's not that they %100 believe that their way is the only thruth, they just have faith in that belief. You can argue them till the cows come home, & you can even make some damn good points agaist their belief. But, all they have to say it "i have faith that it is the truth" That way they don't have to act like they know it for fact....because we all know no one really does. It's that big annoying word FAITH, and it gets under my skin.

WELL, i have FAITH that my daughter will not be a teen from hell. But i guess i will see for sure in a few years. Faith is a way to say that you "THINK" you know the truth......

THINKING you know the truth, is not the truth though.....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I meant divine...LOL I need to remember spell check.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• because people change every thing to fit their lifestyle... what you don't like being dunked under water?! ok well we'll just sprinkle a little on you. You get embarassed to raise your hands and praise the Lord? ok well.... we'll just stand up and sing really old hyms and feel nothing. what.. you don't liek going to church.. fine we'll put it on tv... etc etc....
    Anonymous

• faith is the evidence of things unseen.... example: you can't see air but you have "faith" that it is there.
    Anonymous

• i personally think everyone has one true way for themselves but not others..im a satanist but i dont think everyone should be a satanist, i dont think everyone shouldn't believe in an afterlife ect. but its perfect for me :)

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Are you an atheist or closer to an agnostic? I'm wary of these types of questions because I don't know from what angle you are really coming from. The true way in my opinion is to make right actions that benefit global humanity as well as the planet. From a religious standpoint, all religions are stories that have the same goal, to provide a moral basis to be a better human to your neighbors and community.

So, the only "true" way is to believe in SOMETHING and to follow it to the extent that your actions are purposeful and benefit your community.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 4:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• There is no ONE TRUE PATH...

...we must each find our OWN TRUE PATH.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• No matter what different doctrines say, if a person reads,and believes the Bible, then they know there is only ONE true way. And, that is Jesus. In John 14:6- Jesus says, speaking of Himself, "I am THE WAY,THE TRUTH,AND THE LIFE. NO ONE comes to the Father except through me." What I don't understand is, what's so hard to understand about that? Unless you just totally don't believe in God or Jesus, then it's right there, in black and white,clear as day. Jesus never did beat around the bush, He never minced His words, just as God doesn't. If you don't understand,or don't "get" it, you aren't reading it with the open mind and heart you must, in order to be a Christian.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2009