Christians,if you asked a Luthern why they went Luthern from going to a traditional Christian church,does that sound rude?

I go to Luthern church Bible study,because it's walking distance to my house and I thought they were like any other Christian church,until I found out they only throw a little water over the head instead of full immersion into water baptism,this is what I don't like about the Luthern church.If they are so on fire about not sinning,they take communion every Sunday then why don't they listen to Jesus about full immersion of water baptism.I guess from my question I was hoping I would steer her back to the traditional Christian church,but she says she doesn't like it,she likes Luthern church services better,she likes the music,the choir and the literugy.I guess I'm struggling with my fellowship with this woman because the Luthern church is seeeker sensitive and that means they don't preach on heavy topics like how to get to Heaven or about Hell.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• November love; I'm not mad at Lutherns,I'm mad at their leaders,they should know better.In deed in the Bible it does say we should be completely covered with water,it says nothing about being sprinkled.Lutherns are better than Catholics because Catholics believe in infant baptism,so I'm happy about that.Jesus says when you are completely submerged into water,that your old life is dead and when you come up it's a symbol of your new life emerging.Why wouldn't anyone want to do that,it's beautiful.It hurts me really to be putting down other faiths,it may seem I'm doing that,but really it grieves me and I don't like doing this.I wish we all agreed about the same things but that's why there's so many different'Christian' beliefs out there,because no one can agree.
    Anonymous

• We attend a Lutheran church down south. I was raised in a Catholic and Methodist church. Have attended other types of services as well through my life. My opinion with any church is it shouldn't matter what "type" it is, you should feel comfortable with the church family. And if you do not, seek another one. It is about your peace of mind, your style and your personality. Good for you for going to church and seeking God. And remember, even in a church family, not every single person is going to agree on the gospel and countless other matters. But a church family should be loving and supportive in times of need and comfort.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Yes it is rude. It is like someone asking you "why do you insist on being wrong?" because you are Christian. Pretty offensive isn't it?
    Anonymous

• continnued; I want to stop worrying about her salvation because if she's going to a church that doesn't preach about Heaven or Hell, then she's missing the whole point about being a Christian.That's our jobs as Christians to warn others about how to get to Heaven and how not to go to Hell.A seeker sensitive church,is like this; go to church, hear a pleasant message and then go your way,do anything you want that week and meet us back here on Sundays!That's not what Jesus said, He told us to live out the Bible and tell others about Him and His word,but we all need pleasant messages sometimes but not all the time.
    Anonymous

• Yes it does sound rude. Different strokes for different folks honey. The whole baptism thing is SO minimal I cannot believe you are even worrying about that. If your friend likes that hurch, just be happy that she is attending a church PERIOD! She is serving god in the way she feels most comfortable, her relationship w/ god & the church is absolutely non of your business.

If your struggling w/ your friendship with her over this, then you need to re-read your bible. That is totally lame IMO.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Um Though Luthrens were traditonalists.
    Anonymous

• The question itself does not sound nearly as rude as your explanation behind why you want to ask it. How is it your place to tell her she's doing it wrong? How would you respond to someone telling you the way you want to worship is the wrong way?
    Anonymous

• This is going to sound blunt but... there is nothing you can do about her salvation. And if you debate that what she is believing is wrong then you might turn her farther from become Christian. When she wants to talk about it then talk. Don't bring it up. All you can do is pray for her that her heart is right. Let the Lord take care of her. I worry about the salvation of people in my family but I can't do anything about it except pray for them and talk to them when they want to talk about it. And I let my sister have her opinions. I guess we agree to disagree. But she went from saying she was atheist to being agnostic to saying she believes in God just not the Bible. Just be here friend and show her what a true Christian is all about.
    Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Your job as a christain is just that TO BE A CHRISTIAN. Not everyone should be an evelgelist & spread the word....leave that up to the people who do it best. You do not know what she may be praying for anyway. She could be pouring her heart out to god during these sermons. That is all that matters, is her devotion.

You are a very judgemental Christian. Leave the poor lady alone......she is doing NOTHING wrong & your making a mountain out of a mole hill. Be happy that she loves god. Don't worry about anything else. At least she is not at the Buddhist temple down the street....now THAT would be just SO against the bible.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I'm going to agree with samurai_chica. You let God worry about your friend. Trust that if her heart is for Jesus that He has her and will guide her steps. They may not follow the same path that yours do, but your path is probably not in His perfection on a daily basis either. Trust God to hold her and keep her safe. If you can't do that, if you think it is YOUR job to save her, then you are forgetting that it is by His grace alone, and not by the works of ANYONE. Turn your love and concern for her into prayers to your Lord and you will find the peace of trusting in Him fully and completely. Blessings to you.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 4:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2009