how can i get my 19 month ole to go to the potty?

18mom07

Asked by 18mom07 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wait until he's ready.
    Anonymous

• Why are you trying to force potty training? It is only going to backfire. Statistics show that children forced to potty train before they are ready actually have more accidents and take longer to get completely potty trained. My dd is 2 1/2 and still not potty trained. We have a potty, and I am ready when she is. But I will not push her because other moms think that a child should be trained promptly at 1 1/2 or so. She is just now showing signs that she is ready to start and I will let her set the pace and take the steps. It is after all her accomplishment, not mine.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 4:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• That is really young, I would suggest waiting till your child is showing signs of readiness. (Asks about the potty, knows when they are dirty, shows a desire to be changed when dirty, etc.)
    whoiam

Answer by whoiam at 5:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• personally i think that is way too young to potty train. so children will potty train at that age BUT you need to base it on YOUR child. i don't think you should even attempt it till 3 years old.

gl!
    Krystinplus3

Answer by Krystinplus3 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• eesh i meant some children will potty train lol not so
    Krystinplus3

Answer by Krystinplus3 at 7:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2009