Annoyed!

My husband who works monday through friday at small loan office is on vacation starting today. Usually I am home alone with our 6 month old son while my husband is at work. Today my husband has not helped one bit doing anything with the our son so I have been very annoyed and upset. Am I wrong to feel annoyed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No you are not wrong, but he probably feels like its his vacation and doesn't need to do anything. Men are funny like that. I can clean the whole house and watch my hubby sit on his butt and do nothing. Talk to him about it. He probably feels like its your job because thats what you do everyday, but explain to him that you never get a vacation.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I told him that I will never get a vacation last night and he just said sorry hun. I guess its just a man thing I dunno but either way its very annoying. And I can clean house too and my husband will just watch tv not even offer to help even when I am trying to clean and take care of our son. men! lol
    Anonymous

• of course you have a right to feel that way... but if he is like my husband he works hard and wants a "vacation" .. my husband has been off since LAST saturday and goes back to work tomorrow. i only work part time and he watches the kids when I work, but when he is off on vacation we make a deal that he will have a day or two by himself with no me, and no kids.. so i get my mom to watch them while i work so he can just do whatever he wants... in turn.. he cleans the house and does laundry and i usually come home to a clean house and a rested and happy husband...

also, if he is used to you doing everything.( like mine is) . it has become habit for him to not help as much as he would... he may need a reminder that the two of you are a team!!! talk to him tell him how you feel... make a deal.... good luck!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 4:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• No, but you should really just tell your husband what you are feeling and what you would like to do.
    whoiam

Answer by whoiam at 5:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• You totally have a right to feel annoyed... but don't let him know. Calm yourself down ( i would feel the same way)... then when you have down time with him, tell him that while he works very hard, you work very hard. And in your job, you don't get a vacation. You're carrying an expectation that he will help and he's carrying one that he's on vacation. So sit down and hammer out expectations and come to a compromise. Ask for a day off this week while he watches the kids. Ask him to do the laundry this week while he's home or ask him to make dinner 2x this week. Tell him what you need and more than likely he'll do it. they aren't mind readers! LOL.

I hope you get a day off on Friday and I hope he's doing laundry tomorrow and then making dinner on Saturday night.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 5:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• You're not wrong. Try talking to him. If he's anything like my DH he probably feels like once he clocks out and goes home, he doesn't have to do anything. I finally had to say that I'm at work 24 hours a day, don't get days off or vacations.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I'm sorry but I work full-time and come home and take care of my baby. Most people's jobs are not that stressful where they can't pick up some slack. You deserve a vacation, too. The hardest job in the world is raising kids. I never thought it was true until I had my own. It makes work look like a vacation! When I was home on maternity leave by myself for 12 wks. my husband admitted to me that work was his chance to 'get away.' ha!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2009