HELPPP!!! constant pain under right rib

Its been VERY tender for about a week now, and you can even feel where it is a little swollen right at my rib cage. idk whats going on...i thought it could be the baby, but i can feel him kick down low, so i know hes not in my rib cage ALL THE TIME!! Its getting soo unbearable to where i jsut want to scream! A lot of ppl say its normal, maybe im jsut overreacting?? Its sooo tender, and feels almost numb. I am waiting for my dr. to call my back, but was just wondering if anyone else was having this. Im 28 weeks BTW

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 4:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No that isn't normal, I have high bp and have been told NUMEROUS time that if I have pain under my ribs on the right side that that is a sign of pre eclampsia, you need to talk to the nurse at your doc's office today
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• it could be some flairing, that happened with me with my first, the bottom of my ribs started to flare out just a littel to make room for the baby. its not the best feeling in the world. it never went all the way back but it doesnt hurt anymore. try taking some tylenol or use an ice pack. good luck! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 4:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Thanks, Im waiting for her to call me back....my blood pressure is normal, actually low, and it "perfect" at every appointment, so i ruled out pre eclampsia...but maybe it could be? I did gain 5 pounds on one week last week!! lol
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 4:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• never heard of pain like that its good you called ur dr. wait to see wat he or she tells you, hope you feel better
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2009