i ve been eating and everytime i eat it feels like the food wants to come back up like its stuck in my throat is that normal the first trimester

ericaandfranke

Asked by ericaandfranke at 4:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep welcome to pregnancy
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i agree im 13 weeks and it happens every time i eat also... :) Welcome to Pregnancy just like above post said :)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• just takes longer to digest now get use to it doesnt go away in the second or third ! just try not to over eat .. just eat to almost the point of being full it helps a little and if you can go for a walk after you eat .. around the block or the store helps work the food down faster
    Anonymous

• That is funny that you asked this question, because I wonder all the time if I'm the only one experiencing this. I'm 28 weeks and still get it occasionally. It sucks. No amount of water makes it go away. It only goes away with time. The only thing I can say is eat slower.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Try eating smaller portions,and avoid fried foods, spicy , carbonated drinks and gas producing foods. Hormones make food digest much slower leaving you with that disgusting bloated feeling. I have that feeling once in a while as well and I'm on my second trimester. Take care!
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 7:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• as the above reply said, try smaller portions, but if something is truly getting stuck in your throat it could be a medical issue having to do with acid reflux that needs a prescription. that's what i've been on even before i got pregnant. getting food stuck with no amount of water helping hurts and could be something serious like mine.
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2009