Do you give your child vitamins...if so, what kind?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just bought my 2 1/2 yo dd some gummy scoobydoo vitamins last night. They were about $5 for a bottle of 50. She is a very picky eater and hardly eats any veggies. She also isn't much of a juice drinnker. So I finally decided to supplement with a vitamin. She seemed to like the one I gave her last night.

There are other ways to get some extra vitamins and minerals. Most cereals are fortified with vitamins and minerals, even the fruity and sugary ones. My dd loves fruit loops. Ovaltine has a lot of vitamins and minerals. And I buy applesauce and other things that have added calcium, antioxidants and fiber and other nutritious additives.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 5:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I buy my kids the flintstones complete. My kids are 7 and 4. My 7 yr old can swallow pills and I'm thinking of switching her to one if I can find small ones. She doesn't need the extra sugar they have in the chewables.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• 1/4 of a Centrum Children's Chewable a day.

If you decide to give vitamins, be sure to read the package and follow the directions. Most want you to give 1/2 or less to kids 3 and under. Remember, too many vitamins can be more harmful than not enough.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My 2 1/2 year old takes flinstones.
    Anonymous

• My 2 year old son takes the Winnie The Pooh Gummy Vitamins.
    JLee07

Answer by JLee07 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2009