fun questions

when you went into labor..how long were you in labor? did you think it was easy or did you have a hard time?
i was in labor for almost 22 hrs!!! and pushed for 19 mins! i went through alot but idk if im weird but i think it was easy

kuuipo317

Asked by kuuipo317 at 4:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• I went through 15 hours of labor and pushed for nearly an hour. I thought it was hard as hell!!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 5:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• with my first daughter, i was in labor for about 30 hours, and pushed for over 2. turns out my daughter was facing upwards instead of down, which explained why i was having such a difficult time pushing her out. they had to use a vaccuum to get her out. it wasn't as hard as i had anticipated. my second daughter came out after 18 hours of labor and 45 minutes of pushing. she probably would have come out sooner, but i only had one nurse telling me to push, but she was 10 feet away and would not have been able to catch the baby, so i held out until the doc arrived, then she came within 3 pushes after that. i was lucky to have a not-too-difficult/painful birth experience with my 2 girls. overall, it was great!
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 5:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• With my daughter I was in labor for 24 hours(including pushing) and I pushed for 2 and a half hours. I think that is was easy. But with my son I was induced and I was in labor for about 12 hours and ended with a c-section. Labor with him was harder because my epidural didn't work and I wasn't prepared for the pain of the contractions. I dilated to 9 centimeters and then had to have an emergency c-section.
    Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• With my first I was in labor for 20 hours and pushed for 10 min. It was hard but not lke people make it out to be. I had back labor too. It would have been a hell of a lot easier if they had told me to turn over to distrubute the epidural to the other side. With my second it was a bit more painful but not all that bad. I was in labor for 14 hours and pushed for 15 min. I had Magnesium Sulfate with both which is a muscle relaxer. I don't know if that had something to do with it, afterall the brain is a muscle.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I went through 5 days of non-productive labor (3 at home, 2 at hospital), had my water broken, had water put back in, given pitocin, taken off pitocin when my son reacted negatively, had an epidural and still felt pain with each contraction (apparently, his forehead was hitting my pelvic bone, causing the pain), so given MORE pain reliever, got stuck on my right side for 14 hours because being on the left stopped my son's heartbeat, finally ended in c-section because my son was too far up the canal for me to push as exhausted as I was. Did I mention no sleep in those 5 days? Seriously...I would do it all again.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Um... I almost feel embarrassed after your answers. LOL I have never been in labor more than 8 hours (5 kids) and I have pushed between 6 times (with my first) and 1 time (with my 4th). I think the hardest was 2nd and 5th where it went super fast (1 hour from start to finish). It hurt more, to the point that I couldn't talk. I don't know why.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 5:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Oh, and my second was also facing up... thank goodness for epidurals. LOL
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• With my first 2 I was in labor for 8 hours and 45 minutes. I pushed for about 10-15 minutes with both of them. With my last I was in labor for 4 hours and 21 minutes and I had to push for about 20 minutes. I had an epidural with my first 2 and no pain medication with my last. It was more painful and I was not prepared for the pain of pushing her out. I would do it again though.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 6:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• With my first, it was 10 hours of labor and 20 minutes of pushing. With my second, it was 3 hours of labor and 3 pushes.
    It was easy and if I wanted to do it again, I would in a heartbeat. I just don't want any more kids.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 7:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2009