Pagans, are you "Urban Witches"?

or are you more of a traditionalist?

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1495052/We_are_Urban_Witches

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• In terms of calendar, I'm traditionalist. Santa will visit on Dec 24th, but Mother's Nacht and Yule will be when they are. If that means the holidays spread out over 2 weeks, it happens. More cookies so nobody is going to complain around here.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I guess I am. I'm not urban at all, but it's undeniable that even if I were to move off the grid, I'd still have Tuesday. I wouldn't be able to escape, even by force of will and concerted effort, the effects of industrialization in my culture. :-)
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 5:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I suppose we all are to some extent, I mean we are discussing religion online. However, I try to be as in touch with the natural world as I can. I celebrate astrolgical events on the days they happen, as a rule. I live "in town" too, so that influences my practice, making me more urban.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Honestly, i try to be more of a traditionalist. I like doing everything "on time". What's more, i like being very formal in my approach. I have, can and do get flexible when i must, for whatever reason. There have even been times when i could not celebrate whatever Esbat or Sabbat was happening so instead just lit a candle and took a moment to remember and give thanks. Yep. that's how flexible i CAN be. ...but i prefer not to be. lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I'm more of a Spiritualistic Pagan Atheist. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2009