Dr. Brown's bottles...

Okay.. here's my scenario. My daughter spits up, and I mentioned it to the pediatrician, because I breastfeed and it was making me nervous that she was not keeping enough milk down. He had us give her rice cereal in her bottle (She's 18 days old..) which she did not keep down, so we stopped doing that. She has been gaining the right amount of weight.. yet he suggests that next week we talk about meds for her..? I do not plan to agree to the meds, unless she stops gaining weight like she should be. So here's the thing.. I heard that Dr. Brown's bottles are good for reflux.. anyone have any luck with them? We don't think she has reflux because she doesn't spit up every time she eats, but I keep thinking, if these bottles are supposed to stop or help prevent spit up then what can they hurt..right? Just to try it out? Just kind of curious if anyone has had a similar situation and had success with these bottles?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter has reflux. She uses the dr. browns bottles. They do not really help with the spitup. The meds is for the pain that comes with reflux, does not really help with spitup either. Its just something you have to deal with. We have been dealing with a massive amount of spitup for 3 months (she is 4 months old now). Just keep lots of bibs and lots of burp rags around. It does get better the older she gets. Just this past week, we have experienced less and less spitup. Good Luck and it is frustrating.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 5:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My DD does have reflux and I have used the dr. brown bottles since she was a month old and I LOVE THEM. They do work GREAT they are a little excepensive but they are worth ever penny. I can't tell you how much i do like these bottles. I hope that you like them as much as we do. GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I used Dr. Brown bottles with my Daughter. She has horrible reflux and colic. We had to take her to the Emergency Room when she was 2 weeks old because she was turning blue around her mouth. She had projectial vomiting. We put her on Dr. Brown bottles and after taking the first bottle she never vomited again. This bottle cured her reflux and colic! We used them on our Son that was born 2 years after she was. I would get these!

Dmajsmommy9396

Answer by Dmajsmommy9396 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My 7 month old uses them.....and they seem to help. She was diag. with reflux at 6 weeks old and the only things that helped her was zantac and those bottles. If we miss a dose or use a dif. bottle she will spit up horribly all day.
    Anonymous