Postpartum depression??? HELP PLEASE no judgemtents

I have been severely depressed for teh past couple months. my baby is 9 months. could this be ppd?? I dont feel like doing anything. I eat constantly, i went on a walk trying to cheer myself up but every little thing just made me sad and angry. there is no reason for this. my baby is beautiful and healthy. I cant seem to look at him and feel the way i am supposed to though. I am afraid that i wont be covered by my health insurance if i do seek help. I have Medical - (that's welfare) blue shield devision. I feel like curling up in a ball and crying all day. I thought it was that i just needed to get out of the house, so my SO gave me some money and i couldnt even go inside of the store. Please help me. any advice or anthing about what will happen if i tell someone what i am going through. i do want my family to realize that this is serious, and to STOP telling me to "shake it off" PLEASE HELP!!! iM IN TEARS RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Health

• You need to get help, If your not sure if they will cover it, then call and ask. Don't let that worry you too, just get into your doc and get some help.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• PPD can occur at any time after the birth, up to a year I think. You have my deepest sympathy; I know how it is, believe me. Talk to your doctor about it immediately; the longer you wait the worse it can get! They can give you medication for it. It should be covered, as this is a serious medical condition that is caused by an imbalance of hormones due to pregnancy. Good luck, hon!
    Anonymous

• Oh WOW! This is serious mama and your insurance will cover that. I had blue shield and they are a great insurance company. Call a doctor and tell the receptionist you are severly depressed and need in as soon as possible. Your meds will be covered too. Good luck and I will saya prayer for you and your family.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 5:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• you deffinatly need to call your doc.. but meds alone wont cure it.. you need to talk to a phyciarist or a close friend, even a stranger that is unbiased and wants to help.... i was in a very bad place after my 2nd son was born,, and now just 1 year later things are much better! so please if you cant find someone to talk to pm me.. i know how you are feeling
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I would never think to tell you to just shake it off. You need to call your doctor and make an appointment to talk to him/her about this. I agree with the above posters, this is caused by a hormone imbalance and can be helped with medications, as well as different forms of therapy. This will be covered....no worries there. Take good care of yourself Mama. We are all rooting for you!
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 6:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• You definitely need to get help for this. Whether it's PPD or clinical depression, if it interferes with daily functioning, you need to be seen by a professional. It's serious. No judgement! Anyone who judges you has never been through it.
    jjamom

Answer by jjamom at 6:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Bless your heart. First of all, don't feel guilty, ashamed, or alone..it happens to the best of us. You could be suffering from PPD or clinical depression. You need to be evaluated by a doctor to find out which the case may be. I know so many people are afraid to use antidepressants, but they can be a serious lifesaver. You sound to also have some anxiety issues going on which makes you afraid of going anywhere alone....Talk therapy combined with medication should help you start feeling better in as little as 2 weeks. Sometimes, it does take longer. Keep up with the walking plan, that is an excellent approach. Don't worry what others may say if they discover you're on medication for depression....it's so much better than feeling the way you are now. I know because I've been there. But, believe me, there is another side to this and you will come through it stronger and healthier than ever before. So, take a deep breath, get out
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 8:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• the phone book, and find yourself a good doctor. And, repeat...this is not my fault over and over until you believe it. You are a good mom, a good spouse, and a good person. You have the world to live for and love for. You have every reason to seek treatment and to start down the road to recovery....it's a journey that many of us have to take.
    One other thing ---start journaling. Write down your thoughts, feelings, fears, anxieties, whatever. It will help to clear your mind and put things in perspective. God Bless
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 8:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2009