How do you know the God and Goddess are real?

When you got into it how did you come to believe in the truth of it? Was it through personal experience? Personal revelation? or through books?

How do you know it is real and not just your imagination?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've always believed in God. There is never a time I thought He wasn't "real." I don't have to "see" God to SEE GOD! I see Him every morning,when I wake up,breathing. I see Him everytime I look at the man He set apart for me,and blessed my life with. I see Him everytime I look at the 3 beautiful children He blessed me with,and the 2 beautiful granddaughters. I see Him everytime I look at the world He created for me to enjoy,and the beauty of it all. So, as I said, I believe even if I haven't "seen" Him, simply because I have faith. He proves Himself daily to me,and over and over. God is everything to me,and I'm nothing without Him.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I don't KNOW that any gods are real. In fact I don't believe they are real in the same way people are real. My beliefs about gods are based on observation, deduction, research of what thoughts others have had, and personal experience. Even the things we see and touch are not necessarily real in the way we understand them to be.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 5:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I might add that my religious beliefs (and those of many other, but nowhere near all, Pagans) does not rest on the gods being real or my understanding of spiritual matters being correct. Myths are for helping you think about spiritual matters, not for handing you answers, in my opinion.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• For me, Creator/Goddess is life-force energy, wisdom, creativity, love, truth and cycles. All of these things are part of our lives. They are within us and all around us. I experience and feel this every moment of every day...that's how I know Creator/Goddess is real. Otherwise, I feel, we wouldn't even be here.
    AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I can't prove to anyone beyond a shadow of a doubt that my God and Goddess are real. But I know they are real to ME. And for me, that's all that really matters. No matter how many times someone else tries to convince me otherwise, I am not going to change what I feel and see from inside me. I am sure if someone else had lived my life with different emotions and reactions to those emotions, it would have turned out different. But, I am the one living my life. So, it has turned out the way it has because of the person living it.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Do you think they are real though, or does not matter as long as YOU believe it?
    Anonymous

• you know what i think....almost all religions are the same.

God = god....Goddess = virgin mary........

im not saying they equal ecactly the asme...just that all religions have the same base point really. and ultimatley the names dont matter. just the heart
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 7:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• The virgin Mary is not a goddess, nor did she stay a virgin. She was a great lady of faith and nothing more.

My God is Jehova, I know He exists because He lives in my heart and I see how He affects my life every day.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i didnt say she was a goddes.
    sighs i aid they are not exactly the asme.

but its the same principles....................

a heavenly female and male....and on june 22nd in pagan beliefs some birth occurred . so their is the jesus link.

all religions have the same GENERAL basis. i swear if any of you take this literally and think im saying the great horned one in paganism and god are the same exactly and get all defensive i just wont reply.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I just knew in my heart that they were. I always believed in a heavenly father figure and a heavenly mother figure so believeing in a God/Goddess wasnt any big leap for me.

I cant see why you could have one without the other and the idea that some believe God has no gender never sat right to me. To me this world is about balances so I feel the dieties are the same...balanced.

Now....do I know for absolute fact that they exist, nah but in my heart and soul I do and thats what I follow.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2009