How can I get over the love of my life?

I found the someone I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. But we broke up a week and a half after we got together. The man reason we broke up is cuz all i did was cry when i was with him. It doesnt help when im pregant by my ex and he know it. But the thing is that i want him back i just dont know what to do if it happenes again. i mean I have spent money on him b4 we got together just so i didnt lose him and now he says "We can still be friends but not together" it hurts to still remember the call at 1 in the morning. i love him to death and i wish he would come home what can I do. I dont want to sit back and wait for him but i will if i have to. please what should i do. Should i wait or should i move on and try and be a single mom for good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• move on!!! i know it seems so hard right now, but the sooner you start, the sooner youll be over him and youll be able to meet someone else.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I know you have heard this before, and you are not going to want to hear this again, but he is not the love of your life. If he was the love of your life he would have taken to account the fact that you can not control how much you cry. Heck, you can't even control how much you pee. This man had no patience for you and obviously wouldn't have any patience for your baby. You would not want that around when you have a newborn who has needs that they cry about. He was not the man for you. You need to hold your head up high and remember that you have a gift inside of you that is counting on you for love and support. Don't worry, in time you will find someone who loves you for who you are and wants to have a family for you. Please remember that it was not because of this baby that he broke up with you, it was because he was a selfish jerk. You do not need him and you will realize you are happier in the long run. Good luck.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 6:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• if you are this hooked after a week and a half then I think you may have some delusions of this being the love of your life. Not sure you are mature enough to be a mom but hope I'm wrong
    Anonymous

• Not to be harsh, but he spelled it out for you.

"We can be friends, but we can't be together"

And, your story is a little hard to understand, but I really feel that there is not just ONE single person out there for us. Human souls are so complex that there are definitly more possible chances for you to find a love equal to or greater than the one you have lost. You aren't doomed to be alone forever.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Listen , you deserve someone who's going to listen to you, no one that would be so insensitive that they would break up with you for being emotional. You just think about your baby & you. Break ups always hurt, & when your in love it can be hard to see that there is better out there. Don't ever chase after a guy, they should be chasing you & wanting you. I know it can be hard to let go of a relationship, especially when you are having a child with that person, I've had to do it twice, but sometimes theyre just not right for you, no matter how much you love them. Hopefully someday you'll find a man that treats you the way you deserve to be treated. They're are lots of fish in the sea! Good luck!
    luvmyangels3

Answer by luvmyangels3 at 1:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2009