what are your thoughts on this?

ok my DH hold me that every guy needs me time. To get away from everything even if its a few hours. I told him i need me time also. He said you can have it.. Im like when? I got to take care of our son he works 9 hours a day.. He told me i dont understand men...i told him he can have his me time but i just dont understand he said every guy needs me time.. Does your hubby think this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Oh my gosh! Yes ! My man , soon to be ex possibly, ALWAYS is saying he needs time away from me& I tell him the same thing. Why don't I get a break. My SO might be the one working, but being a mommy is the job that never stops!!!! It's unfair to me& every guy I know is like this, unfortunitely. For some reason they just don't get it that WE need a break too!
    luvmyangels3

Answer by luvmyangels3 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Ummmmm . . . no.

But I personally do think every person needs me time and I have tried to encourage my husband to take time doing something he likes to do . . . for a while it was riding his motorcycle, going to sports events and lately it is taking his mountain bike out for a ride.
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 5:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• yeah, for over twenty years. and i've told him for a long time our kids require our time first them i get me time since i'm there primary caregiver then if i'm ever rested he gets his time. and no strip clubs or crap is part of his time. i he don't like it walk. he's still here.
    Anonymous

• Yes, my dh does. And he does have me time all the time. He will go on the basement and play rockband, or go out in the garage and build something or just go on a ride on his motorcycle. Do I get me time? No. He says I can have it, but umm, as you said, when is that to happen? Usually what happens to me is I schedule something (as I really want to go to the movies this weekend with my sils) and I will tell him way in advance but something will come up and most likely his mom will end up watching the kids (which I will have to call and ask). He seems to think whenever I do have some rare me time coming up that means he can take more me time and I have to find a sitter, even though I was counting on him to watch our kids. Very frustrating!
    Anonymous