Do you have a set dinner time?

I have never had a set dinner time. But, I know that some people are very firm about their dinner time. Sometimes people seem taken aback when they ask what time we eat dinner and I tell them, "whenever I get it made". I'm just curious, what about you ladies?

jjamom

Asked by jjamom at 6:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We try to eat around 5:00. It's not really a set time but the kids start getting cranky when they're hungry and that's about the time that fits for us.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 6:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Not really. We usually eat between 7pm and 8:30pm, but it's not unheard of for us to eat earlier or later than that. Once our baby (still pregnant now) starts eating meals with us, then we'll probably be more consistent with eating earlier so she can go to bed at a decent time and not immediately after dinner. So we'll probably move dinner up to 6:30 because that is the average time that my husband gets home from work.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• No. We eat when we're hungry.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 7:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• we just eat 5:00-6:00 unless were lazy and we always sit together.. ! at the table.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• It varies...the usual response when the kids ask is ... "when it's done".

I used to be very routine when my kids were young, but since they're in school and got into a snacking habit (thankfully a healthy snacking habit), we're not so quick to eat right away after I get home from work.
    Cantstandya

Answer by Cantstandya at 1:17 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• This is the OP. We always eat together at the table (except my DH who usually works past dinner and eats it when he gets home). But, I just find that what works best for me is to make it and eat it when it fits best that day. We usually eat somewhere between 5:30 and 7:00, but could be anywhere in there really. I just wanted to see what others do, b/c sometimes people look at me with two heads when I tell them we don't have a set dinner time! We never did when I was kid either! Thanks for the comments. I guess I don't have two heads afterall!
    jjamom

Answer by jjamom at 7:29 AM on Jul. 9, 2009