I feel like a bad mother....:-(

I've had all kinds of problems with my son's insurance. It's all a long story. I filled out medicaid(I want to get it until my job can provide insurance) forms and it's been 2 months later with no answer in sight. My job also doesn't offer it until I've been there for 6 months. I don't think I could handle him not having insurance for 6 months....*sigh* Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You should get medicaid and it should NOT be that slow! Call the person in charge of your case and get some answers! It took my kids less than 6 weeks to get Peachcare which it my states low income family's Insurance plan for children. I was bounced to medicaid for about 2 weeks and then sent back to Peachcare. All ion all it was pretty quick. There is o excuse for 2 months. Call them ASAP!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I would call you local department of social services and they can give you some answers.
    Anonymous

• YOU ARE NOT A BAD MOTHER!!! With that out of the way, you need to contact the medicaid office and figure out why they are dragging their feet. Maybe they are waiting for you t ofill out more people, but you need to find out. If they don't get your kids medicaid within the month, then there is anumber you can call to report their incompetence. I know how hard it is to have kids without insurance.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 7:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Have you heard why its taking so long? Thats a long time for approval on this. This has no bearing on your mothering skills. I know that kids not having insurance will wear on your mind. Hang in there until you get some answers.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• You are not a bad mother! You should contact them and find out what the hold up is. I had to go 10 years without insurance for my youngest son. That didn't make me a bad mother. My income was too high for them and none was offered through the job. I just had to pay for everything some how. Give yourself a break and see what the hold up is there.
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 8:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• my parents never had insurance for me. I remember going to the local VNA clinics to get my shots for school. I barely ever seen a denist, and I don't ever remember seeing a doctor. I turned out fine, i got all my teeth and my health is good. your son will be fine, but call medcade too.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2009