If you have intercourse several times during your peak fertility time, then remain laying down 30 minutes after....then why is it so hard to conceive??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You shouldn't do it everyday, it takes a day for your mans sperm to reach full potency again. You should also think about how long you have been off bc, different kinds take longer for you to be fertile again. Plus stress,diet, ect
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 6:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• It could be an underlying medical issue - like one partner's fertility.

Or you could be having sex too often.

Kind of TMI, but the head of a man's penis is designed to actually REMOVE semen from the vagina on withdrawal. Back in our cave days, it helped ensure that the male could remove a rival's semen in place on his own.

Additionally, it takes several days for a man to produce sperm, so if you're having frequent sex, you could be doing yourself a disservice by replacing the higher sperm-count semen from previous encounters with lower sperm-count semen from later sexual encounters.

Stress is also a factor as it affects the hormones your body produces, which in turn affect your fertility.
    Anonymous

• We had sex every other day right around the time I ovulated for 2 1/2 years as well as me laying down afterwards. We went to the fertility specialist, nothing was wrong with either of us. I don't know why it takes so long for some people. I think for me it was stress and I was constantly thinking about it. One month before doing Invitro we found out we were pregnant.
    Anonymous

• try to lift your legs up or your bottom up on a pillow afterwords for about a good 10 mins or so.
    Jmain8

Answer by Jmain8 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• don't stress out about it too much..

i never charted my fertility, never layed down after or anything in fact i usually got up and showered.

and i got pregnant the first time me and dh had sex with my first daughter and i am now 10 weeks preggo with my second...

if you are meant to be pregnant, you will. don't stress about it, i'm sure when it's meant to happen it will.
    kylismomma

Answer by kylismomma at 8:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• There's no magic answer for why you aren't getting pregnant. I don't believe evlauting your legs will do the trick. The hardest thing to do is to not think about it so much. How long have you been trying. It can take an average couple up to a year to conceive. Enjoy this time with your husband, it will happen for you stop stressing. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2009