these chaplains are irritating

chaplain number one..bows me off..chaplain number two doesnt return the call, chaplain number 3 has his secretary call me saying he will call between 2-3.....he never does.

they are not very diligent , i'll say that much. i mean my husbands platoon sergeant called me last night just to see if i was alright and if i needed anything sicne my hubby is in the field, but the chaplain who said he was going to call me wont?

not giving me a good impression of the military religious system

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm sorry too. I don't know much about Chaplains and the military, but this seems extremely rude from a Man who is representing God....and the military for that matter. I hope you get a call soon. If not, you're still in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 8:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I'm sorry =( I hope someone calls you soon!!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Sorry!!!! Call chaplains after hours? Maybe go through the official office of family support or red cross if you need hubby? Thank you for service from your family for our country, you are appreciated.
    Anonymous

• just call the actual Catholic Church and ask to set up an appointment with your priest. If you can go off base to a Catholic Church do it, just call them.
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 6:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I am not military smart is a chaplin a Catholic priest in the military?
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 6:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• chaplains are general reliigoius advisors but i called one general chaplain , and i called the catholic priest chaplain.....
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Well, not to be rude...but do you honestly think you are the only person the chaplains deal with? And think about it, in their 'double' occupation they aren't just thinking up a service for sunday. They arrange funerals, attend soldiers with spiritual needs, as well as the families on the entire base! It is entirely possible that your need for a 'discussion' just isn't as important as comforting a new widow with a baby or a soldier who needs guidance after returning home from war. Also, please keep i mind that the role of military chaplain is one of the hardest occupations to fill as there are fewer and fewer men/women getting into that field in the first place.

I really don't mean to be harsh, but give these people the benefit of the doubt. They have a lot on their plate and I'm sure they would love to talk to you. Other things might just be a bigger priority right now. Give it some time.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• give them the benfit?
    HE SET UP A PHONE APPOINTMENT WITH ME AND NEVER CALLED.

so i should say ohh you know what...he only set up a specific time, asked for me to be home...s i was...and he didnt call. im not giving him benfit for that. you dont set up a time and not deliver.

not to metnion the 2nd chaplain i called before the catholic , he is the set chaplain for my husbads company...thats it..his job is to serve the compnay and their family and no one else......and his company is small, its a training companytha gets sent out to train new officers...not very many ppl at all. so even without an appt, he has no escuse for not calling me back .

and the catholic chaplain made a freaking time with me and had me verify with his secretary tha ti would be home.

they DO NOT work with the entire base. every chaplain is given an area of control....
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• im a veteran..not just arn army wife, i know how it works and i know the rules of responding to people, time frames etc. and how their chain of commands work.

which is exaclty why i called more tha none. i called the one who only oversea's the catholic church on post , i called the one who only oversea's my husbands company and i called the general directory to make sure i had the rigth ones. and the 3rd one was a douche on the phone so i dont care about him anymore.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i can tel you right now i was busy in the military...i know how it goes. but if anyone called for me and it was related to my job, i was punished if they did not receive a phone call or some type of response to indicate that i was running late on returning the call within the duty day (till 1700)

chaplains are soldiers too. so if he was going to miss our phone appointment, he was supposed to at the minimum have his secretary call me back and tell me to reschedule and not to sit by the phone. but i took his word and waited. and he missed it. he had her tell me specifically 230. so i took it as between 2-3 just to give him leeway. he was a no show
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2009