Not Staying Head Down Almost 39wks!!

I am pregnant with my 3rd and she keeps going head down just not staying there which is getting frusterating!! ... anyone have any input on babies not staying head down!!??

MalachisMommy06

Asked by MalachisMommy06 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 2 (-2 Credits)
  • My dd didnt want to stay head down either. But when I went into labor she was head down, so they can surprise you, dont sweat it to much she might decide to go head down when you go into labor.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• OS Was still doing somersaults at my last Dr. Visit for him. We thought He was going to be breach then two feet ( yes you could see them on my stomach) the flip and the head down. He decided to stay that way, and was born two days later. Side note the cord was wrapped around his neck. The Dr. was ready for it because of his extra acrobats. He also was the same child I found on the top of fridge at 18 months. All I can say is good luck.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My first was this way. I wound up with a c-sect. and a healthy baby. She is now 14 and still has a mind of her own.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• my 3rd baby was that way they did a version and told me to go walking to help make sure she stayed head down and then they got ansy and induced me to make sure she wouldn't flip back.
    lilgirlsmomma

Answer by lilgirlsmomma at 11:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• The only time that it actually matter is during birth! My second was changing positions the whole last trimester and she was going from breech to head down on a daily bases. She was born on her own without any interventions! She did stay head down during labor but i would have had a natural birth even if she had gone breech during labor.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• my sister was scheduled for c section because of this
    the doc even moved the baby in the right position more than once-not fun for my sister
    the nurse gave my sister a yoga position to try and the baby moved on her own and stayed that way, she had a "normal" birth
    I do not remember the position, but maybe look into that
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2009