odds of getting induced again?

My first pregnancy I reached 2cm on my own, and stayed there for 2 1/2 weeks. The contractions weren't doing anything and finally after I was a week late the Dr. decided to induce me. Well I just found out today that I have reached 2cm again, but I'm wondering if this one will do it on her own or if there is a good chance I will have to be induced again? Anyone with any knowledge on this?? Thanks

angeleyes0306

Asked by angeleyes0306 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could really go either way to be honest. First pregnancies are almost always different than the rest because it is your body's first time going through that experience so once you have "charted the waters" things tend be a little easier the 2nd time around. Good luck!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I think every pregnancy is different. Your uterus and cervix is stretched and looser now so hopefully you will continue to dilate. I guess you'll know within a week or so if you are not dilating again.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Yes most pregnancies are different. With my 1st i just felt very sick and was vomiting went to ER would do nothing till I said I was having lower back pain took me to L&D and had baby 10 hrs later. With my 2nd and 3rd I was induced a week after due cause babies were so big already. Each of there weights: 9.4, 9.6, 9.9 I will die if this baby (I am 11wks now) is 10 lbs.
    leovirgo_mom3

Answer by leovirgo_mom3 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2009