Why did my daughters doctor look at me like I was crazy when I told her she tries to say thank you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Because manners are a rare and shocking thing in today's society. Good for you!
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 7:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Who knows. My son has been saying thank you at the right time for a while. Now if I can just get him to say please...
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 7:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• How old is she?
    Anonymous

• I would have to agree with too few mothers/fathers teaching their children manners...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 7:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• she is just over a year old
    Anonymous

• my dd at 13mths was saying it, she would say "tatuuu", my son says "tank u" or just "tank". and i agree w/the mommies above.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• My children were both signing please and thank you at 9 months old and saying it around 14 months so every one could understand. Maybe the doc was just surprised that your child had manners. I don't see why it would be shocking that a child that age could say something like that otherwise!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2009