• In the Spotlight:

Why?

Why is it that this site is kinda like high school? Only certain people will talk to you and be friends. This is a site for mom's to find friends but how can they when no one talks to them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think we got off easy in high school. I find that the older I get the more "cliquey" people become. I loved high school and never had a hard time finding friends. Now that I'm older I can't find down to earth genuine friends anymore:( I don't think it's just cafemom....I think it's everywhere!! Oh and the worst are like 50-year-old women. I've worked with a few, they are so gossipy and think they are the shit. JMO of course.
    Anonymous

• I find the exact opposite as the first post. Highschool was so not fun and now that I am older and much more social and outgoing, I find it way easier to make friends. I will literally talk to anyone about anything so thats in my favor and I wasnt like that when I was younger. I dont get caught up in all the cliques and I spend very little time in the groups anymore. I cant find any that interest me. Keep trying. There are some nice moms here. Really there are.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• i dont think you can avoid the whole high school feeling..i hated high school and i hated my last job cuz it was worse then high school and most of the stuff on here is jus like high school...its sad really
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Well it's the internet. You have to start a friendship yourself on here. You're just a screen name, not an interesting looking person in a group. So if you want online friends, you have to get them yourself. I haven't had a problem finding nice people here. Though I have found way more immature assholes worse than high school kids. That's just life I guess. Put yourself a little more out there. Make things known. Participate in discussion. It's not hard to get popular on this site.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 8:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Oh my gosh....aren't the whole clique's thing so irritating??? Didn't like them in HighSchool and certainly don't like them now... I think some people feel like highschool were there "glory days" and are destined to relive that experience over and over again. For me.....I COULD NOT wait to get of highschool so I didn't have to deal with all the DRAMA anymore....lol
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2009