I need some idea's HELP!!

My son turned one, and grew horns lol. He won't stop hitting, and spazzing when I take something away he shouldn't have, and YES I know this is normal...they almost all do this at his age, but the problem is how to deal with it. I say NO and I remove him from what he's doing or take away what he shouldn't have if he's gotten a hold of it...but he just does it again, and again! I've tried time out in his chair, doesn't work! I've used a play pen, has not worked. I just want some suggestions, and NO don't tell me to hit hands, spank, or do something disgusting to my child...YES there is sick women on here that have said things like this in the past, your comments are NOT wanted! Only good suggestions please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe instead of taking it away, you can hold out your hand and say, "give it to me" and then it will be his "idea" and less likely to get a negative reaction (unless it is something dangerous). Also, you can try to distract him. Give him something equally inticing (sp) as you take whatever object away.
    sondamom0828

Answer by sondamom0828 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Thanks, the distraction some times works! But the part about him making it his "idea" NOPE LOL..he just runs in the other direction with it, but it was def worth the suggestion!
    Anonymous

• Way to go, insulting women when you're asking for help. Yeah...that's going to get you a lot of nothing.

I don't spank or smack...but your attitude just sours me. Just because someone has a different idea of discipline than you do does not make them 'SICK'.
    Anonymous

• OK...so I'm not allowed to tell the abusive women NOT to answer my question?! I don't care to hear some one tell me to hit my 1 YEAR OLD SON, that is SICK they have no idea as a baby why they're being hit, and I had one woman tell me to SPANK my 1 year old!!! It's woman like you that I avoid on here, and your response doesn't even warrant my response back...but I WILL tell you, It's not an insult to ask people with either suggestion to NOT even bother suggesting it...I can tell them they're wasting time even typing that to me, because IT'S ABUSIVE!!!!!! AND SICK!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• i HAVE TO WEED OUT THE NUT JOBS LIKE YOU, that come on here and take out they're daily frustrations on women like me, that voice an opinion that rub's crazy bitches like you the wrong way, GO FUCK YOURSELF!
    Anonymous

• I am confused by the conception that spanking is sick? I know that some people use spanking WAY too often, and spank too hard, but the idea that swatting (think a love pat, it doesn't hurt at all) at you child's butt when they misbehave is meant to help them make a connection to "okay, what I am doing now is bad." Just *saying* things to kids doesn't always work because they are constantly bombarded every day with TV and radio and songs and mom and daddy talking to each other etc., etc., so just saying "Son, we don't do that, that is wrong!" to them, even in a mean tone, isn't enough to get the point across.

If you are truly against a pat on the butt (spanking does not have to be and should not be harder than a pat) then try and pick some other form of discipline that you will use every time your son goes too far. Pick your battles - it is only effective if reserved for extreme circumstances, like hitting, screaming, etc.
    vdecker

Answer by vdecker at 7:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• This site is USELESS...it's not a site to come on and argue with EVERY PERSON that feels like making this a site to voice an opinion it's supposed to be about giving advice and receiving advice, I didn't ask your opinion on ANYTHING I asked for way's of disapline for a 1 YEAR OLD, and there's no way in HELL I'd ever HIT my baby! So I asked women that hit and spank etc, to skip the advice for ME...there's nothing wrong with that at all, if you want a site you can go shit on people on, then find one that tells stories about crazy bitches that hit they're babies!! DON'T BOTHER WITH ADVICE FOR ME!
    Anonymous

• I am sorry that women have told you to spank your son, especially if you are against it. I don't know anything about you, so I don't know if he is your first child, or if you have plenty of experience with this subject. If you did, you probably wouldn't be asking this question... But I am curious as to what you think spanking involves? True some parents take spanking too far, it isn't meant to HURT... And it should NEVER hurt the child...

I wonder if you knew that? It is a common misconception that spanking is a punishment. It is NOT a punishment. It is a disciplining tool meant to teach them that an action has a consequence. No one wants you to harm your child. And 1 year old isn't too young to start teaching them important lessons like cause and effect... When they start to learn that their actions have consequences (even positive ones, like kisses from mommy) then they learn what to do and not to do...

Good luck.
    vdecker

Answer by vdecker at 7:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• You may not hit your children but you definitely seem to have an issue with anger! Relax! Have a nice day :)
    Anonymous

• CHILL OUT! Do you not realize that NO ONE wants you to HIT your baby!?!?!?! Just because you can't comprehend what they are telling you doesn't mean that other mothers want you to hit anyone! They are just saying to TEACH YOU CHILD HOW TO BEHAVE!!!!

I don't know how you were spanked, but you aren't supposed to wail on your kid when you spank them. Because they associate the spanking with something bad, they automatically "think" it hurts, even though you tap them as lightly as you would clap your own hands together!! GET A GRIP! Disciplining your child is NOT SICK! If you don't discipline him, he will grow up to be a spoiled selfish brat who will steal and lie and get whatever the hell he wants because his mommy was more concerned with being his best buddy than being a decent mother!

Obviously you aren't going to ever discipline him anyway, and one day when he takes it too far you will snap and really hurt him...
    Anonymous