Why am I doomed to "Hell" if I don't believe? Honest question. NO BASHING.

DesignerMom0801

Asked by DesignerMom0801 at 7:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You're not, it just makes people with low self esteem feel better to tell you that you are.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• you're not :)
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• If you own a Bible read Romans 6:23, 3:23, 10:9-12. God said it, that settles it.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• it is believed in the Christian faith (including all sub denominations) that those that don't believe or were not baptized or do not ask for forgiveness for all sins before dying are doomed to a life of purgatory until you have been completely absolved of all of your sins.

Anonymous

• Cause the bible says so, Jesus said so. No man may come to the father except through me. Believe in Jesus and thakn him for the sacrifice he did for us on the cross and live you life in a christ like way spread his message of love and eternal life. You don'at have to believe, you can choose to not believe in God or heaven/hell. But if these things are real when you see them for yourselves don't you wish you had when you still had a chance? What's the harm in believeing in God and the bible. People who do are usually happy and live healthy fulfilling lives. Some take it overboard I know but those are legalists imo. I would rather believe in God, die and find out I;m wrong. Then not believe in God, die and find out I'm wrong.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 7:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• Lets be honest: Religion is nothing more than the interpretation of a form of belief adding the personal values and morals of a group of people.

For example the Christianism. You got the Baptists, the Catholics, the Jehovah Witnesses, and so on and on. They all live and swear by the Bible, yet each applies their own personalized views of what they like and what they DONT like to scripture. Funny thing is: they are all as wrong as the day is long. Do your research, there is tremendous differences between a bible from the gideon's (modern days) and a Vulgate, or bible from 1850, take your pick, differeces abound.

You are "doomed" not because you don't believe, but because you don't agree with their morally stunted points of view.

Have a pleasant day.
    Laura3079

Answer by Laura3079 at 7:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• anon.....ummmmm can u please explain your theory of hell? cause hell is the second death there is no second chance you mess up this time round that's it you're destroyed forever. But if you can show me otherwise thanks.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 7:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• if you dont believe in god .......then hell isnt real to you anyways so what does it matter?

i mean honestl you cant expect to not believe in a god, yet receive his gifts

its like saying " i want the military healthcare system...but i dotn want to be in the military" umm....you dont just get it lol
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• We're not scared of hell. I get a tickle when someone dooms me to hell.

But it's the fact that someone would wish that upon us that is insulting. It's disrespectful to say that. I don't run up to Christians screaming "NOTHING HAPPENS WHEN YOU DIE ZOMG LOLOLOL" yanno? So saying "OMG UR GOING TO HELL LOLOLOL" is just as weird and random.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2009

• well tahts not the question. she said why am i going to hell if i dont believe in god...not why do ppl curse me to hell.

so she was implying that although she does not believe in it...she's going their. which is probably not exactly waht she meant. but thats what she said. if its real....and you dont believe, your goig. if its not real, what do you care?
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 7:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2009